wont let me get married

by hellsace555

Original Post

Re: [WORKAROUND] Can't get married because Sim works for me

Hero
I think only the workaround although I did have the message myself when my Sim wanted to get married on the wedding arch once and just trying doing something else and then try again did get rid of it as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 63 (2,595 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem, I broke it off with every-one but can't with the ghost who's relationship status don't go down.  I tried cheats, I tried to manually change relationship status, and even went through my library, and households to see if I can delete the person, but can't find him at all.  I posted a request on EA help but that is not very helpful either.  I see this has been around since 2016.  I am hot happy.  Everytime I buy additional packs for every sim game (since Sims 2) the bugs increases to a point where it is just not enjoyable anymore.  PLease help as I don't think EA will help me

Message 22 of 63 (2,514 Views)

★ Novice
I broke off with all the previous ones, but one is a ghost, I have tried cheats to reduce relationship status, tried manually changing relationship status and tried to find the ghost in other households and library, and he is now-where. I am a bit fed up as I have worked hard to get the sim to finish the one romantic aspiration, and want to do the soulmate one now but can't
Message 23 of 63 (2,509 Views)

Hero
You know the ghosts name, right ? What message are you getting when you use cheats ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 63 (2,511 Views)

★ Novice
Nothing no message. Yes I know the Ghosts name. I used modifyrelationship cheat. ANy other cheats I can try?
Message 25 of 63 (2,479 Views)

Hero
You can try relationship.destroy yoursimID targetsimID

To get the ids, use: sims.get_sim_id_by_name <yoursimfirstname> <yoursimlastname>

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 63 (2,476 Views)

★ Novice
Thanks will try that and let you know
Message 27 of 63 (2,466 Views)

★ Novice
Thanks it worked
Message 28 of 63 (2,457 Views)

Hero
Glad to hear.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 63 (2,448 Views)

wont let me get married

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? dont know
What happens when the bug occurs? saying sim is working for me so we cant get married its grayed out hes unempolyed and im in political career
What do you expect to see? to be able to get married
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

wont let me get married

Message 30 of 63 (2,392 Views)