Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Can't get married because Sim works for me

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to get married
What happens when the bug occurs? I can not marry because the game thinks she works for me, but in fact she does not work for me, she's a doctor
What do you expect to see? I hope I get married
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the last update and after I installed The Sims 4: Cats and Dogs

I made my Sims groom and now I try to get them to get married, but I can not. They are already engaged, but when I select the 'Plan Marriage' option the option is erased and says that it is not possible to get married because Sim works for me and before I would have to dismiss her, but the problem is that she does not work for me, she's a doctor. When I select she, the option is available, but in the marriage when I select 'Marry with ...' nothing happens.

Message 1 of 63 (145,819 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Marriage Glitch [PC]

[ Edited ]
Hero

• Sims will no longer be able to lie about employing each other in order to avoid marriage.

Fixed in Patch 1.50.67

If you're still having issues after this patch, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Can-t-get-married-because-Sim-works-for-me/td-p/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 56 of 63 (126,807 Views)

All Replies

Re: I Can Not Get Married

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @LucianoMedice

do you have any prior relationships ? If so, try asking those to just be friends. Hopefully it should work after that.

I'll add this. It's an older bug that isn't fully fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 63 (153,249 Views)

Hero

Added 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 63 (145,583 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry for the delay. I tried to use the method you said and it worked for me now, I finished my other relationships and got married. I hope that in some update the EA fix this bug. Many people, like me for example may not know how to solve this. Thank you! :D

Message 4 of 63 (145,573 Views)

Odd Wedding Moment

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs, and all stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I think you have to, in this order: 1) Get engaged to a sim 2) Build a boy/girlfriend relationship with another sim 3) Try getting married to fiancee sim (no eloping)
What happens when the bug occurs? If sim is engaged, has an extra-"marital" relationship, yet tries to marry their fiancee, the wedding ceremony can't occur (but the wedding itself can still be planned). I forget what the message says but I think it's the same one as trying to marry an employee or something.
What do you expect to see? Is it too much to ask that morality not be an issue here? Granted, it is wrong to have multiple relationships with people of this magnitude, but that's the beauty of The Sims. On a serious note, if sims are engaged, yet it's a problem for them to get married if there's a boy/girlfriend, it seems really pointless to be able to plan a full-on wedding if the ultimate result is it can't happen anyways. Seems like it simply shouldn't be an option until the extra relationship is broken.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

In a different save, I have had a married couple where the wife cheated on the husband and had a boyfriend. Outside of it obviously created massive familial tensions, the process went off without a hitch.

With this new save, I had a male sim get engaged, but before he got married, he built girlfriend relationships with three female sims. Didn't think this would be an issue so I proceeded to get this sim married to his extremely naive fiancee. Big wedding, lots of guests, full catering, the whole shebang. I clicked on the wedding arch and then it happened: A notification about can't get married because sim is employee somethin-or-other.

I didn't know what that meant because the male sim is unemployed, so I did research. I surmised it was because of the extra relationships so I broke them off and the wedding was a success. But this was after two hours of playing without saving because I was unaware this would be an issue. Now, I'll fully admit that's gaming 101: save often. But it seems misleading to allow a wedding ceremony to be planned, yet if you have other romantic relationships, the ceremony itself can't be performed (not sure if the same thing happens if the sims try to elope).

So this isn't necessarily a game bug (it would make sense to not have so many relationships if we're talking morals here), it's just odd game design because the sim spent "money" for something that can't happen. Now the player has to either return to a previous save or awkwardly break off the extra relationships.

Message 5 of 63 (145,508 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Odd Wedding Moment

Hero

merged with existing report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 63 (145,488 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Can't get married because Sim works for me

★ Pro

Completed the "Serial Romantic Aspiration" for the first time only to discover this bug. Frown Now I have to undo all that work. 

Message 7 of 63 (145,243 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Can't get married because Sim works for me

EA Sims Team

Hello @DizzyDee-K

Do you still have save files with this issue?  If so, would you be willing to share them, so that my team can take a look at them?

Instructions here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 63 (145,131 Views)

can't get married

★★★ Newbie

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim can't get married.
What do you expect to see? The option to plan wedding or elope is grayed out, says would be inappropriate to marry someone who works for him. They don't work together or even have same job type.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim can't get married to anyone.  I had him break up with first fiancé for same problem I am having with second one.  The option to plan wedding or elope is grayed out, and says would be inappropriate to marry someone in his employ.  The don't work together or even in same field.

Message 9 of 63 (145,048 Views)

Marriage Glitch [PC]

★★★ Newbie

How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have the pets game pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No idea :/
What happens when the bug occurs? I have two Sims currently engaged but whenever I try to "Plan Wedding Event" it says, "Marrying a Sim in your employ would be inappropriate. Dismiss them from their role to further pursue a relationship." I have no idea what that means because they have completely different jobs.
What do you expect to see? I don't know. I guess an explanation or something to help me out because this is the first time this has happened.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes

The female in the engagement is pregnant and became pregnant after the engagement. They both have maxed out skills and I have gone through most of the aspirations for satisfaction points and bought the traits in that. If it helps, they are a tech guru and an artist. Not sure what else to put if it helps. Sorry.

Message 10 of 63 (144,856 Views)