Original Post

Re: Cant put food in fridge

[ Edited ]
Hero

It works fine for me (new game though)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 52 (6,815 Views)

Pique Hearth Fridge.

★ Apprentice

While I am waiting to see if my game of 3K plus hours could be saved, I thought I would dink around with TS4 for a bit.  So playing as a newly installed game I ran across this:

I could not drag items into the Pique Hearth Fridge.  Drag and drops on the property seem to work, except for the fridge.  I ran across this in my 'old' game but figured I had changed something to create this.  However, the newly installed game created the same situation.

Ironically enough, it was while I was playing the Pique Hearth family, that my first "can't cook' situation came about.  In other words I would try to cook and get charged for the product, but my SIM would never perform the actions.  Yes, the clear cache and repair game would take care of that.  (actually, if memory serves me correctly, I had to repair the game, clear cache didn't fix it alone).

So I decided this time, even while dinking around, I didn't want to deal with the fridge, so I found a community house to put on Pebble Burrow that my Pique Hearth family could afford, and moved them too it.  I moved into the furnished house, and keeping all of my SIMS furniture.  Low and behold, the fridge from Pique Hearth was better than the new home, So I used that one.  It turned out I could not drag and drop to it.  So I deleted it, and put the next lower quality fridge in, and like magic every thing worked again.

So in theory, the original fridge from Pique Hearth, per my experience, has a bug and probably should be fixed.

-AL2

Message 12 of 52 (6,809 Views)

Hero

@alwaysl00king2 Merged your post with existing report.

Also to be clear, I don't work for EA. All I can do is forward stuff to the gurus. There's no guarantee they'll do something about your save or that they even can fix it. Usually in my experience, they don't give any feedback and all you can do is wait around for the next patch, hoping they fix underlaying issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 52 (6,798 Views)

★ Apprentice

Maybe this is just something with my computer.  I just thought it was odd I had the problem on my old game, and again on my newly installed new game.

Glad it works for ya Standard smile

-AL2

Message 14 of 52 (6,793 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks for the update, I know you don't work for EA and my posts are not reflecting that I thought you did.  I appreciate all you have done, but I'm not holding my breath for EA either.  I am thinking I might have a shot at playing my old game with the next patch...no guarantee.  I see other people have similar problems.....so maybe a bit of hope.  Standard smile

You can close out the other post if you like....The problem isn't resolved, but I do appreciate the time you have put into it. 

-AL2

Message 15 of 52 (6,793 Views)

★ Novice

I have a basic install of SIMS4 and I have had the game maybe two weeks.  Out of nowhere, it seems, I'm unable to put food into the fridge.  No mods, nothing crazy.  I thought I screwed something up.  lol glad I'm not completely alone.

Message 16 of 52 (6,771 Views)

Cooked food Can't Be Dragged to Fridge

★★★ Pro
No mods/CC
Windows 7
Base Game/GTW Downloads
Just got the EP three days ago

I can no longer drag cooked food into the fridge. I can still command Sims to store food in the fridge. I am unable to move food from the inventory into the fridge. I have this glitch in multiple households. The fridge does not matter. Replacing the fridge does not work. I noticed this after I installed the GTW EP.
Message 17 of 52 (6,743 Views)

Re: Cooked food Can't Be Dragged to Fridge

Hero

Like this: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Cant-put-food-in-fridge/m-p/4439496 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 52 (6,737 Views)

★★★ Pro
Can you please merge?
Message 19 of 52 (6,734 Views)

Hero

@canelacaliente Done

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 52 (6,726 Views)