[FIXED] Can't drag NPC made food in/out of fridge

by knewt93

Original Post

Re: Can't drag some dishes into the fridge

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Yes. It was made by the club member!

I'm not using any mod.

And I just found the chests have no problem in my game now.

Thank you, @crinrict !

Happy new yearStandard smile

Message 31 of 52 (1,277 Views)

★ Guide
Still can't drag npc made food into the refrigerator after the latest patch.(No mod)
Message 32 of 52 (1,262 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

It seems this issue already existed in 2015 but I'm having it now. Has it still not been fixed? Frown
After I moved my sims to a new apartment I couldn't drag anything into the fridge and the bookshelf. The bookshelf was also empty (which was annoying since I had purchased a lot of books) and I couldn't order any new books either. (In fact, the computer only let me order void creature packs) I fixed it by deleting them and buying new ones, but there were other issues as well that might be related. For example my teen sim's homework got moved to the family inventory during the move and after I put it down on a desk in the new apartment it wasn't draggable(?) any longer. She could still click on it and do her homework, though, so I didn't mind it so much.

I do have mods but I've tried removing them before I found out about repurchasing the fridge etc and it didn't change anything. If it happens again I'll try repairing the game.

(Seriously, though. I've never had any issues previously even when others where reporting them and now I seem to have them all at once. It was bound to happen sometime ^^'.)

Edit: I almost forgot. After the move I also didn't have the option to repurchase broken objects anymore. The talking toilets didn't have any options to change their settings anymore, either. It might be related but I'm not sure. Should this be a new thread?

Message 33 of 52 (1,152 Views)

Hero

Your issue generally sounds a bit different.

This is a save you stated before CL came out, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 52 (1,144 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Can't drag NPC made food in/out of fridge

★★★★ Novice

I ran into this when moving into a new lot.  I had a family that seemed to have a weird lag on all their actions.  I went and played with some other families for a while, and came back when all the elders in this family had died and there was only one adult sim left.  Still had a weird lag before doing actions (there's usually a little lag, but this was excessive).  Anyway, I moved this lady to another lot, and the new lot wouldn't let me move anything to the fridge or the bookshelf.  The lot I moved her to is a lot that comes with the game and was originally Johnny Zest's home lot.  I have the base game, no mods.  I have tried using "repair" multiple times to try to fix a variety of issues, but it doesn't seem to be helping.

Message 35 of 52 (1,098 Views)

★★★ Novice

I know one thing stay away from mods, they will corrupt your game eventually, and be careful with the houses you download from the gallery they could be corrupt files in there, usually just download the most popular houses and sims, but i would say save your sims files as a back up files before your get months into your game on a USB or external drive as a back up file. Like for example i started my whole game over added all my characters back i had saved in my gallery and add all the houses i wanted the game was running find i would save it, so if your game start getting buggy you will have an easier time time trying to figuring out knowing you have your backed up files just in case you have to start the game to it's original factory setting to work properly...

Message 36 of 52 (1,073 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just had this problem and the solution I found was to just switch refrigerators.

Message 37 of 52 (1,039 Views)

Hero

If an NPC made the food ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 52 (1,035 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this same issue, but it extends further. I cannot drag into most containers. The ones I have definitely noticed are the fridge, the bookcase, and the fish tank. This last creates an issue with the fishing ambition, as I can only mount fish instead of tank them. I have not yet tried to purchase a new one. I have the base game with all of the packs, and about half the stuff. I do not have mods.

I want to say this started happening after moving, so maybe putting the containers in inventory then placing them again causes the issue?

Message 39 of 52 (973 Views)

Re: Cant put food in fridge

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have a similar issue in game, but it's the Sims inventory itself a odd few items don't want to be sold or removed.

Message 40 of 52 (965 Views)