Re: [OPEN] Can't drag NPC made food in/out of fridge

by crinrict

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I also have this problem-- when Nannies cooked a meal as they do at some point while watching toddler.

Message 41 of 52 (1,709 Views)

★★ Novice
This is going to sound silly, but I had exactly the same problem after my sims moved house. I solved it by deleting the fridge in build/buy and bought a new, identical one. I can drag food in there fine now.
Message 42 of 52 (1,691 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks! I will try that!

Message 43 of 52 (1,680 Views)

★ Guide

I'm still having this problem with NPCs - nannies love making food and there's no option to stop them like there is with butlers but if there are only toddlers in the house with them it just hangs around and spoils because I can't drag it into the fridge. I can usually get it out - sometimes not, but a restart usually cures that, as it does when plates get 'stuck' in inventories. It's annoying because not all Sims are filthy rich and I don't cheat funds so whatever you save from having free nannies or butlers from the free services aspiration reward goes on throwing food away. They never make small portions!

Message 44 of 52 (1,666 Views)

Re: Cant put food in fridge

★★★★★ Apprentice

just in case i tell here...  i have this issue when food is mage by employers, butlers or catering, nany etc.. i had to put an expositor from the go to work to move them and not get spoiled.. i can see time left to spoil  etc.

Message 45 of 52 (1,618 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I can't drag food made by my sim in a couple of my houses. there is a house where I have this problem, I replaced the fridge but that didn't work. Sometimes after several tries, I can drag it. 

I have no mods, no custom content and only the GTW expansion pack. This sim has quite a big personal inventory since she is collecting frogs for fishing, in addition to having a garden with all sorts of plants.

There is another house where I had the same problem too, also food cooked by the sims.

Message 46 of 52 (1,595 Views)

Hero

Did they ever move to a different house or always lived there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 47 of 52 (1,587 Views)

★★ Apprentice

My Problem is that I can drag harvestables in the fridge but when I try to remove the food to update it with better food, it makes me take them out one at a time and place them in the world.  I used to be able to drag stacks.

Message 48 of 52 (1,556 Views)

★★ Novice

I FIXED IT!!!!

If you have moved into a new household and this issue occurred, then it's the same for me. I have a toddler in my household and I kept the high chair from the previous household. I couldn't grab food for the kid from the fridge or put leftovers in. When I deleted the fridge and got a new one that also didn't work, but as soon as I sold the high chair. Everything was fixed. Maybe try that (buy a highchair then delete it).

Message 49 of 52 (1,501 Views)

Hero

• Moving lots and keeping your furnishings will no longer prevent you from live dragging food into the fridge once it has been replaced on the lot.

This issue should be fixed with Patch 1.36  

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 50 of 52 (4,640 Views)