[FIXED] Can't delete mailbox after changing lot type.

by asphyxiateddoll

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Can't delete mailbox after changing lot type.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I bulldozed a residental lot, changed the lot type to library but the mailbox is still there.

Message 1 of 18 (2,980 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't delete mailbox after changing lot type.

Hero

• Mailboxes can now be deleted from a venue lot, or re-added from the catalog if one does not exist.

I would say, this should solve the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 18 of 18 (864 Views)

All Replies

Re: Can't delete mailbox after changing lot type.

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (2,932 Views)

Community Lot Issues & Has A Mailbox Still??

★ Guide

I made a library in Oasis Springs because we didn't have one. I changed the lot type, created the Library but it still has a mailbox on it?? Everyone comes to the library so it is working to that degree. When I go to the lot and add things when I go to exit it sends me a message saying....  Are you sure you want to leave? Your venue is still incomplete.

Makes no sense it has more than the other library?? I even upgraded the Fireplaces myself. Why do I keep getting this message and why does my comminity lot have a mailbox still? Does anyone know how to delete the mailbox?? 

Message 3 of 18 (2,910 Views)

Re: Community Lot Issues & Has A Mailbox Still??

Hero (Retired)

hiya again i think this happened because the only two available empty lots available are residential in Oasis what i did is went to willow creek saved the libiary from there to my libiary no pun intented even if the lot type is changed to libiary the mail box stayed on the lot for me  then when in oasis springs buldozed the bar there and then went to my libiary and placed the willow creek libiary there or you can try rebuild your own the community lot where the bar is bulldoze that one then build your own libiary on the community lot

as in oasis there is alounge and bar or whatever it was i do need to change the name of the libiary as it  at the moment the rattllesnake  juice libiary Confusedmileylol:

Message 4 of 18 (2,920 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

The rattllesnake  juice libiary? haha  lol!!! Ohhhh I can't delete it. I added a bookshelf so people could read but other than that I want a real Library. This has to be a bug. If you go into Edit lot and type and change it, it should hold as it has always. If it isn't someone did a messy messy Oops with the code. Wavs to programmers. I love the Rattlesnake I can't change it. I made all my food, drinks and friends there. I like roots. LOL!!! Now, mrstragicclown is married to a programmer and he thinks you might need to look into the code before the masses start complaining And they will sooner or laters.  

Message 5 of 18 (2,911 Views)

Hero (Retired)

the things we do for the love of sims yeah i found if the lot was already residental it'll keep the mailbox i must fiddle around with cheats to see if the mailbox can be deleted lol

but if i buldoze a communty lot and change the lot type to libiary or whatever no mailbox

in TS3 once you changed the lot type from res to community the mailbox went and only appeared if the lot was changed back from community to res so we do need that implemented

what about that other bar the solar flare ?

Message 6 of 18 (2,897 Views)

★ Guide

I have been in solar flare once. It's OK. Had to edit and add music behind the bar to keep my fun up. We have had so much fun at the rattlesnake with no mic. But... I wonder why they added multiple bars but no where to learn? I added the space rocket to a community lot and I can't work on it there??? But the telescope works perfect in my library. If I add all this stuff to my lot my rent will sky rocket lol!!! We need a Science lab lot! 

Message 7 of 18 (2,894 Views)

★ Guide

So, I should bulldoze the lot instead of just changing the lot type? I can live with the mailbox for now lol I put a lot of time and effort into my library everything self cleans and I upgraded the fireplaces!!!! Can't play chess without those awesome Fireplaces Standard smile  It....Sets a mood. I even have an eating area set up so if anyone get's hungry food is available.

Message 8 of 18 (2,893 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

oooOopsOOoooo wants your library Standard smile  even if the lot is changed to library the mail box may still be there  especially if the original lot type was res  i've been trying different things for workarounds as i said if the lot was already residential it seems to keep the mailbox  BUT on an already designated community lot it seems to keep the mailbox at bay what i would do is and i do is save my game to keep the original as is then save with a new save name then the manage worlds change the lot type of the solar flare to library then from the menu list add what it says in the list for example a chess table , 3 bookcases or shelves sink, toilet waste disposal  2 living chairs etc

deffo a lot of workarounds for us players until the bugs are ironed  out and fixed with patch's

and have your solar libiaryLOL mine is now the bard's libiary

edit to add once you get your libiary the way you want you shuld be able to save it to yur kibiary to place in other games too

Message 9 of 18 (2,888 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem . No cheat of the game can fix it, there is no " MoveObjects ". I found this mod, MoveObjects on Cheat if you are interested, but I do not want to install mods if I can help it, and less as the game has so many bugs.

Message 10 of 18 (2,864 Views)