[FIXED] Can't control Sim in public lot - AFTER career update

by pessyl92

Original Post

Re: Can't control Sim in public lot - AFTER career update

[ Edited ]
Hero

Sounds like it' the new version of this bug the: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Common-Sims-Icons-staying-grey-after-coming-back-fro...

Since they moved the icons around, they maybe are just not showing at all anymore.

I'll try if I can duplicate

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 60 (1,155 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Thank you for intervention Standard smile
Sorry if my description of the situation was't clear but my English is't the best (how see)

Edit:

I've reinstalled game again, I've played in fresh game -  still not working. 

I think is something with update files. 

critics,  do you have the same problem? 

Message 12 of 60 (1,136 Views)

Returning from work while travelling

★★★ Apprentice

Hello! I've found another bug, which is a bug, I suppose. One of my sims went to another lot to the park. At this time 2 of his friends were at work, the forth one sat at home. You know, when a sim is travelling, you can tell what a home sim can do, like take care of him or herself, improve skills and etc. But I've noticed, that when my other sims come back from work, while the sim is out on the other lot, they don't have any tiny icon to let me manage their activity.

Message 13 of 60 (1,128 Views)

Hero

I've added for now. I haven't had the chance to try.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 60 (1,124 Views)

Re: Returning from work while travelling

[ Edited ]
Hero

Merged with existing thread

@toffy346 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 60 (1,124 Views)

Hero

@pessyl92 Got time for a longer play session today and yes, it's very reproducible.

I guess Maxis should be able to reproduce too and fix.

Can't think of a workaround atm.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 60 (1,107 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:

@pessyl92 Got time for a longer play session today and yes, it's very reproducible.

I guess Maxis should be able to reproduce too and fix.

Can't think of a workaround atm.

Thanks, glad to see it's reproducable. I believe the problem described in this thread is exactly what I have been experiencing. Funny I never had the other bug where some people had Sims that were literally stuck at work. Just for further documentation I'll add what I found in testing here. I have no CC and no mods at this time and never had any with this install on this computer for Sims 4.

So here's the scenario. I have a Sim that's at work and I travel with another Sim to any other lot in the world. At this point the away actions for the at work Sim are functioning nominally. I can have them work hard, slack off, etc. While my selected Sim is still at the non-home lot, the at work Sim finishes work and then returns home off screen. I get paid like normal but the away actions like care for self are not available. They simply don't appear at all when I click the at home Sim's icon in the skewer. I mean NOTHING is available. I can't bring the Sim "here" or transfer control to the at home Sim. I have tested this with several different lots both made by me and stock in game lots. So far it's 100% that a Sim returning home from work or school off screen becomes unselectable as far as away actions or bring here or transfer control are concerned.

Since the new update you can see the away Sim's needs. The first time this happened the Sim returning home was critically hungry and I wanted them to care for self so they would eat. There was no way to tell that Sim to care for self and apparently they weren't caring for themselves at all. My hungry Sim at home was just getting more and more hungry rather than having something to eat off screen. At this point all I knew to do was return home. I was then able to command the hungry Sim to eat some food before the hunger got worse.

While testing I found that I don't necessarily have to go back home. If I have my Sim travel to any lot other than the home lot then suddenly I'm able to pull up all the away actions for the at home Sim once the new lot is loaded. This glitch only seems to happen when a Sim returns home off screen and my current Sim is not loaded into the home lot. If I load my current Sim into any other lot the away actions return.

A video I made demonstrating this glitch can be found on YouTube here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOnKS35-JOY

Put a colon where it says colon, a slash where it says slash, and a dot where it says dot and remove the spaces.

EDIT (crin): Putting youtube links is mostly fine here so I edited that link to make it easier to access

Message 17 of 60 (1,091 Views)

Kids showing as at school when they are actually at home

★★ Apprentice
On switching to a new household, the game shows the two youngest boys in the family (children) as being at school, hence making them unplayable. However they are actually at home - I can see them, but I just cannot do anything with them. And this is at 1.30 am, when they should not be at school anyway. I have tried removing all CC and repairing the game through Origin, but I get the same thing every time I reload the game and enter this household.
Message 18 of 60 (1,085 Views)

Re: Kids showing as at school when they are actually at home

★★★★★ Apprentice

Have you tried resetting the affected sims to see if that resolves it?

Press CTRL-SHIFT-C to open the console

Type:  resetSim Firstname Lastname

That may get the game to realize they aren't at school.

Let me know if this helps.

Message 19 of 60 (1,084 Views)

Hero

@FKM100 Unsure which issue you have so, do they only show at work when your active Sim is on a different lot or also if you are on your home lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 60 (1,078 Views)