Re: Can't change lot type

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero

The patch just prevents it from happening again. I doubt that it fixes the existing bugged lots.

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 61 of 84 (1,574 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having this stupid issue....It looks like it's been going on for over a year. Why has EA not fixed it Frown I've tried buying the lot a retail but I can't because it doesn't identify it as a residential or a retail. It's really frustrating.

Message 62 of 84 (1,560 Views)

Hero

It's fixed and should not occur anymore

Existing lots will not be fixed, it should just not happen anymore.

Did you follow the exact instructions ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 63 of 84 (1,553 Views)

★★ Guide

I don't know when, but this did happen ("special" generic) to the park lot in Oasis Springs, The first instructions didn't work, but sending my sim to the lot and then buying it as a retail store worked!

Message 64 of 84 (1,519 Views)

Hero

Is this happening in a newer save or did you play this a while ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 65 of 84 (1,514 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Naisydae

Are you still having this issue?

Would you mind providing your save? If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Message 66 of 84 (1,464 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I got a lot locked in Generic on Feb 8-9 2017.  I have uploaded the save file to the MediaFire link:cyclelegs.zip  There is an explanatory text file with the save.  The locked lot is the only empty lot in Newcrest and is named Fern Park.  This is my current game but it has its roots back in early 2016 when it was a 'New Game'.  It has gone through many 'Save As' iterations.  I can't upload the whole 'Saves' folder as it is 1Gb and I don't have that sort of bandwidth.

Message 67 of 84 (1,458 Views)

Hero

Did it lock just now or was it locked before and you just didn't notice ?

Affected lots aren't automatically reset so you'll need to use the workaround to fix it so I just wanna make sure it still newly occurred.

Thanks for the save

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 68 of 84 (1,450 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This lot locked just now.  I had been working to build a Primary School as a Generic build for several weeks.  I worked on it on Feb 8 with no problem and changed the lot type to Primary School to do some testing and then changed it back to Generic before saving and exiting.  The next day I found the Lot locked in Generic.  Once I found the fix, I didn't have a problem resetting the lot and reloading my saved build.

Message 69 of 84 (1,433 Views)

Hero

You wouldn't happen to have a before it happens save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 70 of 84 (1,425 Views)