Re: bus

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [WORKAROUND] Can't change lot type

★★★ Novice

Just wanted to say that I'm having this problem too, with one of the 40x30 lots in Windenburg. I cannot use the workaround method to either buy the lot as a retail store or as a restaurant, because I get the same pop-up saying that Sims can only buy retail or unowned residential lots (I also get this pop-up for a couple of other empty residential lots that are not borked). Hopefully we get a fix for this soon...

Message 41 of 84 (1,838 Views)

Hero

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves, upload to mediafire or dropbox and PM me the link. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 84 (1,833 Views)

Hero

Hi @omzplays

I got it to work. There's one extra step required to @ju1ka instructions

It seems to work both with retail and restaurants.

1. Start the game
  2. Load your family
  3. Either cheat enough money to buy the lot or use freerealestate on (once you're on the map overview to buy)
  4. Click on M and travel to the lot you want to buy
  5. Buy it either as retail or restaurant
  6. Follow the rest of the instructions on the solution post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 84 (1,810 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrict you are an absolute superhero, thank you so much! I never thought about traveling to the lot first but it worked like a charm. :-) I'm so happy that I get to keep my save. 

Message 44 of 84 (1,803 Views)

Hero

Well, without @ju1ka there wouldn't be a workaround in the first place Wink

I'm glad I finally got to test this myself. Blog post on it coming up. Took some pics from your game to document. Hope that's ok. @omzplays

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 45 of 84 (1,800 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrict you're absolutely right. Thank you @ju1ka for posting this topic and finding a solution! I am so grateful to both of you for saving me hours of frustration.

Of course you can use the pics from my game. I'm happy that other people will be able to benefit from them. And my sims will be happy to know that they might be famous ;-) 

Message 46 of 84 (1,747 Views)

bus

★ Novice

So I had a retail shop (I had been living on the lot) but I sold it as my sims had a baby and as we all know, babies are unable to live on retail lots.... yet??

But anyways, now when I try to buy anything in build or buy mod, the business funds icon is still there and it is blocking me from buying anything and as I'm not on a retail lot I am unable to add funds to the business account. Anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks

Message 47 of 84 (1,708 Views)

Hero

Are you using mods in your game ?  If so, please remove them

See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content

When you go to map view, does it show as sold ? Can you buy again and try to sell that way ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 48 of 84 (1,704 Views)

★ Novice

Hi 

No I'm not using mods,

What do you mean by

"When you go to map view, does it show as sold ? Can you buy again and try to sell that way ?"

I had a retail lot but I sold it and moved to a completely new home but now when I go into build/buy mode I am unable to buy anything case the business funds icon is still there.

Message 49 of 84 (1,693 Views)

Hero

Can you buy the retail lot again ?

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves, upload to mediafire or dropbox and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 50 of 84 (1,683 Views)