Re: Can't change lot type

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Can't change lot type

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Walkaround method:

1. Load up any household and have them buy the problem lot.

2. Upon buying you will be then transported to the lot. It shall be set to Retail no matter what it was beforehand.

3. Buying it as Retail fixes the Generic issue but you will not be able to change the lot type while you own it (similarly how you can't change the lot type of a residential house with sims actively living on it)

4. Sell the lot on behalf of your household. This will then enable the lot type changing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Original post:

Couldn't find a simiar thread so I thought I'd post. I've got a lot in Windenburg that I cannot change the type of, the button is greyed out and it's stuck as "Generic". It's the 30x20 park lot in the modern part of WB.

I've read somewhere that it's a glitch that has no walkaround, except loading an earlier save or starting a new game. But there must be a way because it happened to me before with the big lot in Newcrest. The lot was empty and stuck as "Retail" I believe, and wouldn't let me change because the venue was "Special". it eventually sorted itself out (not really sure what exactly fixed it) because I can now edit the type without any problems.

I can move sims onto that lot but the lot is still set to "Generic" even with sims living on it. :-/ If I place any non-Generic lot on top of it, the new lot's type changes to "Generic" too. This is really annoying because I wanted to have a community venue on there, so even if I build it somewhere else then place it here, it'll be stuck as "Generic" and receive no visitors...

P.S. I've got 2 earlier saves I can use but they all have this issue. Starting a new game is out of the question for me.

Message 1 of 84 (139,470 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

• We fixed an issue that could cause a residential lot to switch to a generic lot type after being placed from The Gallery.

Fixed in Patch 1.25.135

Affected lots may still need manual fixing

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 59 of 84 (119,570 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

Seems I found a solution to my own problem. Someone over on tumblr suggested buying the lot as retail, and that indeed fixed the issue right after I sold it. I can now change the type. :-)

Message 2 of 84 (139,279 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ju1ka

Do you still have your borked version ? What happens if you export it to the library ? Does it have the wrong creator issue as well ?

I think the two could be connected but I don't have enough evidence yet.

I'll add your thread to the list and mark your post as workaround.

EDIT: Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 84 (139,269 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Nope, it shows me as the creator. I heard that it's connected with plopping lots that do not match the empty lot's type from the gallery/library, but obviously happens quite rarely. I don't know how true that is, but I was putting various of my work-in-progress builds on various lots in the modern part of Windenburg so it is plausible.

Literally nothing else I tried except buying the lot as retail worked. When trying to save that lot (marked as "Generic") to library, it was normally saving as "Residential", too, even if the lot placed there was a nightclub or lounge or park or retail. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I do have an older save with the broken lot still but the bug is tied to the game and not the lot in particular, so me sharing it would be pointless. Does that make sense? I can share it but it'll be tagged as "Residential" for starters and will most likely not replicate my problem.

Message 4 of 84 (139,247 Views)

lot type disabled

★★★ Newbie

I have 1 lot that won't let me change the type. It is set on generic and when I click to change it, it says that it is disabled for special venues. I didn't do this and don't know how to change it back. There is nothing on the lot. I bulldozed the lounge I had on it. If anyone knows how to enable the lot type I would appreciate the help. All other lots work fine!

Message 5 of 84 (139,174 Views)

Re: lot type disabled

Hero

Hi @banditjmj,

it's a bug. I merged your post with exiting report.

Could you try the workaround posted.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 84 (139,164 Views)

Re: lot type disabled

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the information. I am going to try that! Will let you know if it works for me! 

Message 7 of 84 (139,153 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This solution did not work for me. Is there another.

Message 8 of 84 (139,101 Views)

Hero

Not that I'm aware.. Sorry

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 84 (139,087 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Then maybe I missed something. Can you rewrite how to fix the problem.

Message 10 of 84 (139,080 Views)