[FIXED] Can't build a rocket

by xemma1993x

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Can't build a rocket

★★★★ Novice

My sim is in the science career and can build the rocket at work. I rebuilt the lab there and placed a new rocket. This was all after the cottage living pack. He also worked on the rocket at geek con ok. Placed one at home and it will not work no matter what I do!

I have mods, but switched them off and I still can't do it.

Message 41 of 395 (17,458 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Dutch
How often does the bug occur? Every time in one particular save
What is your current game version number? latest patch july 27
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except dream home decorator GP, paranormal stuff and kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I place down a rocket there is no option to build the rocket.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing happens, literally, cannot interact with the item.
What do you expect to see? An option to be able to build the rocket
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Happens with mods (mccc and a few tuning mods) and without mods.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Unknown
Please describe the patch or change you made.

I am having the same issue in my game, see details above.

I can't build a rocketship in my main save. When I open up a new save to test it, then it works but I can't build in my existing save. My spellcaster can still interact with the rocket to cast a spell to inferniate it but no option to build it.

I did not attend festivals with this household yet. I haven't visited a single cottage living festival in the entire save but the pack is installed so there were festival notifications

When I had the issue with mods MCCC gave me an error with mentions a festival with villagefair_Pie (so that would be cottage living related). I have no idea if this is of any use on this forum but the more info the better. Please ignore if errors of a mod are not usefull.

The MCCC exception mentions

• Last Module Called: drama_node_tests.py
  • Last Function Called: __call__
  • Error message: Exception during call to test method on <class 'sims4.tuning.instances.rocketShip_BuildStart'> (AttributeError: 'festivalContestSubDramaNode_VillageFair_Pie' object has no attribute 'is_on_festival_street'), CategoryID: drama_node_tests:124

Message 42 of 395 (17,453 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same issue Frown Was given this info from the Sims After Dark discord server:

Last Module Called: T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\drama_scheduler\drama_node_tests.py
Last Function Called: __call__
Error message: Exception during call to test method on <class 'sims4.tuning.instances.rocketShip_BuildStart'> (AttributeError: 'festivalContestSubDramaNode_VillageFair_Egg' object has no attribute 'is_on_festival_street'), CategoryID: T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\drama_scheduler\drama_node_tests:124

Message 43 of 395 (17,397 Views)

Champion

So not quite the same, but possibly related - I had a Sim building a rocket and progress seemed to freeze. I did have the option to continue building, unlike most people are reporting, but no matter how much time my Sim spent it never seemed to complete. But then she was flirting with her husband on the other side of the lot (rocket was off screen) and I noticed the "Woohoo in rocket ship" option... and clicked it, to see what would happen. The two walked over, and like magic, there was a complete rocket ship on the pad!

I do not have City Living. I do have Cottage Living. The save file I noticed this in was originally created before Cottage Living, and the family I'm playing has not been to Henford. I'm not sure if an egg festival happened or not as I wasn't paying attention to what the fairs were.

The LE I keep getting in this save is:

sims4.tuning.instances.autonomous_Bookshelf_Browse_Picker_Child'&gt;

(TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable)&#13;&#10;

Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10;&#13;&#10;

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\picker_interaction.py", line 2192, in _get_objects_internal_gen&#13;&#10;

TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable"

...which makes no sense to me because my child doesn't read and half the time this fires at night when the whole family is sleeping. Also after extensive testing, I'm pretty sure this LE is only in this specific save and not related to my mods or CC.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 44 of 395 (17,391 Views)

Cant intereact with rocket ship

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Unsure
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every pack except bust the dust and laundry day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Perhaps try interacting with the rocket pad.
What happens when the bug occurs? I am unable to interact with the rocket ship pad at all, no option appears when i click on the pad to build. It happens with all my saves and new games.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to build the rocket ship
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. July 27th patch and installation of cottage living

N/A

Message 45 of 395 (17,397 Views)

★ Guide

Having the same error, in my game it's pies, not eggs.  I think the exact nature of the error is related to whatever fair/festival is in town at that moment.

Message 46 of 395 (17,276 Views)

★ Guide

Same problem. I assumed it was because of mods, but have turned them off and I still have the problem. Geek Con has been in town, but my Sims didn't attend. My Sim is in the Scientist career , trying to do the Nerd Brain aspiration. But alas as I can't even start the build the rocket, I can't progress on the aspiration. Have all the expansion packs except Bust the Dust kit. The problem appeared after I installed Cottage Living. I don't recall having it before. I also get the LEs that have been mentioned in the previous comments

Message 47 of 395 (17,231 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue. It only appears clickable when I shift click it. I try resetting object and nothing. Have repaired game and nothing. Not even the rocket on the science career lot works. 

Message 48 of 395 (17,208 Views)

Re: Can't build a rocket

[ Edited ]
Champion

I just encountered this in my own game, I moved my astronaut sim to a new home, and so I bought a fresh rocket to build. But it has no interactions available on it when you click it to start building the ship.

EDIT: I think I figured out what the issue is and I've uploaded a mod to fix this on my site. If anyone on PC/Mac who is OK with using mods wants to check it out, you can find a link to my website in the Hero approved mods thread.

Info for people on console who can't use mods – I managed to work around it with the Tech Support NAP from Eco Lifestyle active in the neighbourhood, so when visiting NPCs appeared, they autonomously went over and unpacked the ship for me, so then I could continue building it. The rocket at GeekCon works for running space missions and at the Scientist career lab, you should be able to build a rocket there too.

Info for EA  – the interaction to start building a rocket contains a test for running festivals to determine whether or not to apply the 1000 simoleon purchase cost (it's free for the science lab and at GeekCon). When the test runs against all festival drama nodes, it doesn't seem to like the Cottage Living Finchwick Fair sub-contest drama nodes, which have no attribute for festival street.

Message 49 of 395 (17,173 Views)

Re: Can't build a rocket

★ Apprentice

Damn, it took me like 3hrs to debug that. I tested Mods for hours until I finally gave up and removed all my Mods. Then I tried it vanilla and still had that bug, I even re-downloaded the whole Game after repairing did not work.

Kinda annoying that Maxis has such lazy QA that Bugs like that stay in the Game.

Message 50 of 395 (17,069 Views)