[FIXED] Can't build a rocket

by xemma1993x

Original Post

Re: Can't build a rocket

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm getting the same issue, too! My Sims can't complete the "Nerd Brain" aspiration now! And this happens with or without mods. I don't even get any error message. I just click on the unbuilt rocket, and no options come up at all.

Message 21 of 395 (10,093 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Sorry, missed your question - yep, first thing I tried in a new save file and it happened. Although I didn't close/ reset the game first - just exited to main menu and opened a new save.

I got my aspiration goal though by going to geekcon where there was a ready built rocket, so that could be a work around for others until its fixed I guess

Message 22 of 395 (9,954 Views)

★★ Novice
@IoHelix I'm having the same issue on PC version
Message 23 of 395 (9,764 Views)

★ Novice

me too, and I think it has something to do with the finchwick fair egg competition. I have mccc, the error code says AttributeError: 'festivalContestSubDramaNode_VillageFair_Egg' object has no attribute 'is_on_festival_street' right beside "rocket_build". but the wierdest thing is that the mayor didn't even show up to judge and suddenly the event is over? Did MCCC story progression somehow deleted the mayor job when the mayor died perhaps?

Luckily, my space ranger sim went to college and managed to get rocket science skill points form studying alone, getting enough level for the last 2 promotions until i got the pre-built rocket.

Message 24 of 395 (9,746 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

You would think by now the amount of packs they've launched, we would get one that didn't have so many bugs. I've found about 8 more since the rocket issue!

Message 25 of 395 (9,723 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Can't build a rocket

★ Novice

I am experiencing this issue also. Rockets worked just fine before I instled cottage life and the following patch. Even when shift+click reset object it doesn't help. I was hoping it was just my game but looks like a new issue.

I guess I'll be picking a new Aspiration for my Sim

*oh wait!* My Sims dad came over and started interacting with it while visiting. After visiting Sim started it, original Sim is able to click and continue 

Message 26 of 395 (9,674 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am also having a problem with this. CC and script mods turned off. Playing on the same game version also with Cottage living installed.

I have a video of it but couldn't attach due to the file format. Did attach the BetterExceptions report from when I turned back on CC

Message 27 of 395 (9,618 Views)

★★ Novice

yup, same problem. no mods installed.

Message 28 of 395 (9,495 Views)

Re: safe file causes glitching

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Thanks so much! I tried to research if enyone else had this problem but at the time i didnt find enyone with the same problem but now I see that a lot of people do. So its not my game or computer and i will wait for them to fix this, but thank you so much for answering!

Message 29 of 395 (9,466 Views)

★ Guide
same problem
Message 30 of 395 (9,454 Views)