Re: [OPEN] Can't build a rocket

by Cartooniack1994

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

Im on xbox one and have same problem, is there anything i could do to fix it, or wait for ea to update and patch it?? 

Message 311 of 395 (866 Views)

★ Pro
@Whirlwind5089 We have waited a year now, so it's safe to say EA don't going to bother fixing this bug along with countless others. The fan community have one again come to the rescue though, just google "SIMS 4 ROCKET BUILDING FIX".
Message 312 of 395 (857 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I play on PlayStation 4. 
I have all the expansion packs, a few game packs, most stuff packs and no kits. 

This has been broken for over a year and it’s part of the base game. 

The base game should be a priority especially this late after the initial launch. 

The fixes include mods, purchasing particular add on packs and cheats. As far as I’m concerned this is unacceptable not to mention completely unfair to all Simmers. 

Get it Together EA … and I don’t mean by releasing yet ANOTHER broken pack. 

Message 313 of 395 (833 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I'm getting this issue, too. Whenever I so much as hover my mouse over the rocket base, it doesn't seem to be doing anything, and a LastException was caught by MCCC. When I checked the LE report, the last module that was called was, "drama_node_tests.py," and the error message was:

"Exception during call to test method on <class 'sims4.tuning.instances.rocketShip_BuildStart'> (AttributeError: 'festivalContestSubDramaNode_VillageFair_Pie' object has no attribute 'is_on_festival_street'), CategoryID: drama_node_tests:124"

It's kind of odd, because I tested it out on a fresh save with my mods enabled, and it seems to be working fine.

EDIT: I just tested it with my mods disabled, and I'm still getting this issue, just like everyone else. I just hope that The Sims Team will add this issue into their new Laundry List. Disappointed

Message 314 of 395 (791 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

it says on page to get a NPC to build it for you, im unsure how you do this as i added one to a group, and selected rocket ship base, nothing

Message 315 of 395 (764 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Just installed the wedding pack and all of a sudden my unbuilt rocket ships have no interaction, it's just like a rug there is no way to build a new ship. Uninstalled the wedding pack and I can build new ships so whatever is going on it's to do with the wedding pack.

The unbuildable rocket ship and save error 0 are both bugs that came with the wedding pack for me.

EDIT: This is PC for me and the only way I can build a rocket ship with this bug is during geek con when a townie starts building, if I arrive before it's started then I can't start building at all and it's stuck that way, townies can't build it either. So for those permanently stuck with this rocket bug a work around for nerd brain is wait for Geek Con and see if you can build it then. It's really disheartening to read for some this has been over a year no fix, come on EA!

Message 316 of 395 (722 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I want to add … I did not purchase the wedding pack … 

I haven’t been able to build a rocket for about a year?

The new glitch I got is much worse!

error code zero … 

with so many having the same issue right now my guess is it’s been the recent updates for the wedding pack that have messed everything up.

Message 317 of 395 (700 Views)

★★★ Novice

April 1st  2022. And I just got that problem last week.

There's still no solution?  

Message 318 of 395 (624 Views)

Can't build rockets.

★★★ Novice

I can't build rockets.

Not in the scenario and not in regular gameplay.

Not on residential lots.

Not at the science workplace. 

Not on my universities.

No option. Can't even click on it. 

It doesn't even light up slightly when I hover over it. 

I invite my rocket building club over and they can't build it either. 

I got no mods. 

I have repaired the game. Updated it.

Skilled up several sims.

Deleted caché. Rinsed my laptop with the CCleaner pro. Updated all my drivers. 

Oh. PS. I notice now that magic sims can inferniate the rocket but it's still not built and there's no option to build. 

Message 319 of 395 (646 Views)

Re: Can't build rockets.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@AllGoodSims Me too. I used a cheat to build it, then skilled up by upgrading it instead. But it's true- new rocket ships are un-clickable.

@redpixie34 oh whoops - I see there is an open thread already for this very issue. Let's head over there instead of continuing this.

[CM - merged consecutive posts together]

Message 320 of 395 (634 Views)