★★★★★ Apprentice

sjbros814166, this [CM - removed linkshould help you 

Message 231 of 395 (1,361 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Can't build a rocket

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? German
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? newest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage living, Discover university, Cats and dogs, Get to work, Outdoor retreat, Nifty knitting,Vintage glamour, realm of magic, vampires, paranormal stuff pack, stranger ville, nifty knitting.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I placed down the Steampunk Flyamajig and I cannot build it.
What happens when the bug occurs?: I can interact, but only the option "Magic...." appears
What do you expect to see? An option to be able to build the rocket
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After installing cottage living.

Message 232 of 395 (1,335 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

It's not necessary for the player to interact with the rocket platform, it started happening to me when I entered the science profession and went with my sim to FuturSim Labs, where there is a rocket platform on the lot.

The first time an LE appeared to me as soon as I loaded FuturSim Labs, the second time after working there for a while without interacting with the rocket, perhaps when an NPC worker tried to interact with it.

I've been testing the Simvasion fix and for the moment no other LE has appeared, although I haven't tried building a rocket yet.

Edit:

I have been advancing in the scientific profession and I have built the rocket without problems, it seems that the Simvasion mod fix has solved it and it is not giving any problem

Message 233 of 395 (1,306 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Same is happening to me. Earlier I placed a rocket kit and tried to click it and nothing. Tried resetting the object also and still couldn't do anything so I sold it.

Was browsing r/Sims4 on Reddit and found it was an issue. Might see if I can have my Sim ask an NPC to help build it (unless that won't work either). 

By the way, I'm on Xbox so I guess it's affecting everyone, even on PC (since Best Gaming Tips says it's the Finchwick Fair that's breaking the rocket kits).

@Lyssandri I know you wrote this long ago but the Build Your Own Rocket Kit isn't something your Sim can literally build. Looked it up to see if my assumption was right and apparently it's a decorative object.

[CM - Edited to merge consecutive replies]

Message 234 of 395 (1,280 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My Sim is on the Oakenstead property in Willow Creek. I wanted to build rocket skills so placed the Steampunk base but no interaction was available to build. I tried on another lot, the same thing, although the materialistic Sim was able to admire new possession but still no option to build.

I have all the packs installed except the Kits, but only recently bought the Star Wars, Dream Home Decorator and Paranormal Stuff at the end of Dec 2021. My game is up to date. I have tried deleting recommended files without result

I had not gone into the Star Wars vacation when I placed the Steampunk rocket build. It was Winter when I tired to place the rocket base and thought it was due to the snow that couldn't build but found once the seasons changed the option to build was still not there.

I am playing on a Windows 7 computer my specs are above requirements

Message 235 of 395 (1,091 Views)

★★★★ Novice

"My Sim is on the Oakenstead property in Willow Creek. I wanted to build rocket skills so placed the Steampunk base but no interaction was available to build. I tried on another lot, the same thing, although the materialistic Sim was able to admire new possession but still no option to build.

I have all the packs installed except the Kits, but only recently bought the Star Wars, Dream Home Decorator and Paranormal Stuff at the end of Dec 2021. My game is up to date. I have tried deleting recommended files without result

I had not gone into the Star Wars vacation when I placed the Steampunk rocket build. It was Winter when I tired to place the rocket base and thought it was due to the snow that couldn't build but found once the seasons changed the option to build was still not there.

I am playing on a Windows 7 computer my specs are above requirements"

I went back to my previous saves from when I moved my Sim to the Oakenstead property. I was able to place and the Steampunk base and able to build rocket skills. I investigated further what I had done in my game. I had gone to Granite Falls on a vacation. The save before visiting Granite Falls I could still place and build the rocket skills.

I loaded up both the saved games in Granite Falls. The first one when my Sim first arrived. I returned sim home and all was still ok to place rocket base and build rocket skills. 

The second saved game near the end of the vacation in Granite Falls is when the problem occurred. Time in Granite Falls had  triggered something in my game and when my Sim returned home could no longer build skills with the rocket base.  I tried a couple of other households with that save, one in the same district and one in a different district. Rocket Skills with the base were also unavailable. Base could be placed but no build skill interaction.

I play a vanilla game without mods or using cheats.

Message 236 of 395 (1,035 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here can't interact with launchpad at rocket does anyone have a cheat or way around to fix this bug?

it's a PS 4 

i'm not in mood to start over the game ... i have many expansions installed .... 

Message 237 of 395 (1,000 Views)

No option to build rocket on lot

★★★★★ Novice

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.83.24.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except knitting, interior design and Bantu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You likely can't unless your PC is glitching too
What happens when the bug occurs? I place the pad on the lot and click on it to build it and only "magic" appears as an option
What do you expect to see? Build Rocket
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My Sim bought a rocket kit, placed it on her lot outside, nothing above it.  When I click on the pad, only 'Magic' appears, no 'Build Rocket'.  She is a Spellcaster, so I would expect that as an option, but not the only option. I tried deleting and buying a different one three times.  I tried rebooting the game and repairing it.  No luck.  She can build at the Geek Con.  I signed into another character and his doesn't display any options at all.  

Message 238 of 395 (1,006 Views)

Re: No option to build rocket on lot

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@PuppyofJam If you enable testingcheats true when you right click on the rocket there should be an option to build the rocket. At least that’s how I was able to get it to work. 

Message 239 of 395 (950 Views)

Can’t build a Rocket…PS4…

★★★★ Apprentice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.51
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion packs. All game packs except the Star Wars and Strangerville. All stuff packs except patio stuff, spooky stuff, moschino stuff, toddler stuff. I have all kits except Manswear, Country kitchen, Oasis, throwback fit. I’m pretty sure that’s all.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to build a rocket, there’s no option when you click on it.
What happens when the bug occurs? …I can’t complete my challenge
What do you expect to see? An option to build and upgrade and launch a rocket. All the options that are suppose to pop up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When I bought the Rocket, to build, you can tap everywhere on it and no options pop up. As if it’s and unusable object, like a toilet paper roll. You can’t click on it. No options pop up when you do. Please fix it soon. Add it to your Laundry List 2/1/22. 

Message 240 of 395 (939 Views)