[FIXED] Can't Resume Painting an Incomplete Painting after Travelling

by EmmaVane

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Can't Resume Painting an Incomplete Painting after Travelling/Exit Ga

★ Apprentice

Also happens after quitting/starting the game. You basically have to finish the painting before you travel or quit the game, otherwise you're out of 50-100 bucks

Message 21 of 35 (1,232 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Can't Resume Painting an Incomplete Painting after Travelling/Exit Ga

★ Apprentice
Thanks for the work around info, that works well!
Message 22 of 35 (1,203 Views)

Problem with Easel

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Dine Out, Laundry Day Stuff, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a painting on the easel but do not finish. Leave the lot, come back and try to resume the painting
What happens when the bug occurs? When you leave the lot and return, the same sim that started the painting cannot resume but can only scrap the painting.
What do you expect to see? Sim should be able to resume the painting they started before and after leaving the lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I tried repairing the game once and it did not do anything. I also tried restarting the game but the issue persists.

Message 23 of 35 (1,161 Views)

Re: Problem with Easel

Message 24 of 35 (1,149 Views)

★★ Guide

Just wanted to mention that this bug for some reason seems to have been fixed for me with the new patch. 

Message 25 of 35 (1,094 Views)

★ Apprentice

This recently started happening to me. If they ever leave in the middle of a painting, regardless if they stay on the lot or not, they can't complete it later. There is only an option to scrap, despite it being their painting. I have no mods. 

Message 26 of 35 (1,062 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
It happened to me after I moved my easel from outdoors to indoors (to get ready for Seasons). Game repair fixed it for me.
Message 27 of 35 (1,059 Views)

Hero

Can I get some more feedback on this. Seems fixed for some, not for others

@EmmaVane @unseenlarks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 35 (1,030 Views)

★ Pro

@crinrict, in the only save I have played since installing Seasons, it is also fixed for me.  Info that may or may not be helpful: save was started about a week after installing JA; I've never used mods and have all released content installed.

Message 29 of 35 (1,021 Views)

★★ Expert
i've only tried it once, but it worked as intended! (on an existing save, even.)
Message 30 of 35 (998 Views)