Re: [TO TEST] Can't scrap paintings done by random Sims

by AlyaSerpens

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Can't Resume Painting an Incomplete Painting after Travelling/Exit Ga

★ Apprentice

Thanks so much for finding the work around! Saving my game was beginning to get very expensive XD

Message 11 of 35 (1,731 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Can't Resume Painting an Incomplete Painting after Travelling/Exit Ga

★ Apprentice

Although, when trying to put the painting back on the easel, something went wrong and instead of going back to my sim's inventory it completely disappeared! D:

Message 12 of 35 (1,722 Views)

Champion

@The_Waybad, I haven't tried that yet.  If I am able to duplicate it, I will update you! 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 13 of 35 (1,663 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ok, so looked into this a bit more.

Moving picture into an invalid spot SHOULD make it go straight back to the easel. It looks like it's gone, but then I noticed the easel was unclickable too.

Went into build mode to move it, put the easel somewhere else, and the painting re-appeared.

Better than not losing the painting all together, but something is clearly not right!

Message 14 of 35 (1,637 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Related to this bug, I have a painting club filled with NPC townies.  If I have to save and quit while the club is active and part complete NPC paintings are on the easels, when I restart the game the NPC's abandon their original paintings and don't paint until I have deleted the partial paintings through build mode (drag off easel and sell for £0).  It feels like they 'forget' that the painting is theirs and there is no way to tell them otherwise.

Win 10 64 bit,

No mods or CC

All ep, all gp, some sp.

Message 15 of 35 (1,633 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Not really a reply, but my sister has a similar glitch only kind of opposite to this.  Her Sims cannot continue a painting.

Here is what she wrote:

If anyone walks away from a painting and leaves it unfinished. That painting now has to be scrapped it doesn't matter if this person is the original painter or not it has to be scrapped the only way to finish a painting is to never stop painting it

She just repaired her game and it still happens.  She has no mods and no CC.

Please, if this is in the wrong spot move it.  Thanks!

Message 16 of 35 (1,626 Views)

Hero
@AlyaSerpens Moved your post to the thread on that issue.

There's a stickied compiled list. You can check that on what's reported.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 35 (1,607 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thank you!

Message 18 of 35 (1,564 Views)

★★★★ Guide
To add onto the workaround, you can also just simply drag the unfinished painting onto any available wall surface and place it back on the easel and you'll get the option to resume the painting as well.
Message 19 of 35 (1,475 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I'm not sure if it's important to distinguish, but I've got the same bug both with easel and the drawing-table for kids.
Message 20 of 35 (1,416 Views)