Re: [TO ADD] Can't Edit NPC in CAS

by RSpence89

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Can't Edit NPC in CAS

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi Everyone!

I'm experiencing these problems since the last update (23/03). I'm wondering if anyone else has these problems.

1. When I put testingcheats on and CAS.fulleditmode and click on a NPC to modify in CAS, it always redirects to my current household in CAS.

I removed all cc and mods from the game, repaired the game via Origin and still the result was the same.

2. In one hour game play I had 2 Sims get stuck in the T position, when I resetsim a few times, it was fixed.

And I had two Sims disappear off lot suddenly and seem to floating up and down off lot when I locked my camera, they were stuck, resetsim didn't work.

So I saved, exit the game and re-loaded the household. They reappeared but now one of them is not able to go to work, when I click the go to work icon, nothing happens.

Again, removed all cc and mods, repaired and still stuck.

Thanks for your time!

Grts

Message 1 of 65 (46,571 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Can't Edit NPC in CAS

Hero

With cheats turned on, you should now be able to modify NPCs in Create a Sim by shift clicking on them and choosing "Modify in CAS".
  • My town? Hawaiian shirts and bunny slippers!

Fixed in Patch 1.30.103

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 57 of 65 (45,639 Views)

All Replies

Re: Can't Edit NPC in CAS & Sims Stuck/Disappearing (Floating Invisible and

Champion (Retired)

1. you can only edit your current household in CAS.

2. Try traveling to  another lot with the sim and back to see if that solves it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 65 (46,427 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

1. Yes, it's an known issue since the last patch.

2. Please open a new thread in the general section for this so it can be troubleshooted. Bug forum is one thread per issue. Thanks

@DeMoNBaBe_Sims

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 65 (46,424 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for your reply! I have found a way to change the NPC for the time being but it only works as from Young Adult age.

I search the npc sim ID (sims.get_sim_id_by_name FirstName LastName) and then used the change career outfit (sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas [id]).

Then I am able to change the NPC in CAS, just a work around for the time being until it 's fixed I suppose Standard smile

Thanks, again!

Kind Rgds

Message 4 of 65 (46,402 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi! 

How u do this? I didn't understand 

Message 5 of 65 (46,370 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue! Any luck yet? Frown

Message 6 of 65 (46,365 Views)

Hero

The easiest is to just use the household manager instead. That still works fine.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 65 (46,354 Views)

Re: Can't Edit NPC in CAS

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 65 (46,346 Views)

The sims 4 cas.fulleditmode cheat

★★ Novice

Guys, how can I modify other sims in the sims 4? I always used cas.fulleditmode and I could modify other sims, not only mine. But when my game updated, it doesn't work. I can modify my sim only.

Message 9 of 65 (46,287 Views)

Re: The sims 4 cas.fulleditmode cheat

Hero

Hi @LuciNka285

merged with existing bug report

Use the household manager for now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 65 (46,275 Views)