Re: Cannot visit neighbors' houses.

by Kaioa

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Can no longer knock on doors

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I've seen that a few people on the sims 4 forums also have this problem. After playing for a couple days my sims can no longer knock on or interact with any of the doors in the game. It doesn't mater if I start a new save or play as one of the stock families, none of the doors can be knocked for house invitations.

Message 1 of 74 (4,611 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can no longer knock on doors

Hero

I'm cautiously marking this one as fixed since I have not seen a report since the december patch.

Feel free to post if you still have the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 62 of 74 (3,380 Views)

All Replies

Hero

added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 74 (4,503 Views)

Cannot visit neighbors' houses.

★★ Novice

Hi! Loving the game so far but I've ran into an issue. I've recently aged up my child sim into a teen and decided to have him start a relationship. I tried having him visit his girlfriend's house one day but discovered I couldn't knock on the door/ring the doorbell or anything. All I could do is just act like a creeper and wait til she came outside. Confusedmileylol: I've gotten some tips to make sure the front door was set as the "front door" so I could get the option to knock but this wasn't the answer unfortunately. I also tested to see if this happened on different lots and it is also true for other households rather than just one of them. I'm unable to visit any neighbors at all.

Is there any quick fixes to this? 

Message 3 of 74 (4,485 Views)

Hero

@Kaioa Merged with existing report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 74 (4,479 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks very much!

Message 5 of 74 (4,475 Views)

Sim not able to enter neighbours' houses on residential lots

★★ Apprentice

For some reason, my sim has no option to interact with houses (e.g. knock on door) even though there are sims living there and/or are inside the house.

Message 6 of 74 (4,474 Views)

Re: Sim not able to enter neighbours' houses on residential lots

Hero

@den-delion Merged with existing thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 74 (4,469 Views)

★ Apprentice

My sim also can no longer visit the neighbors. Frown

Message 8 of 74 (4,448 Views)

Hero

Have no solution at this point.

Thanks for the report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 74 (4,433 Views)

★★ Novice

I can no longer knock on doors eaither.. new game doesnt solve it.. new family doesnt solve it.. i even tried playing a new game with stock families and it still didnt solve it.

It woked fine for awhile near the launch of the game.. then all of the sudden it no longer worked..

Im beggining to wonder if its at all related to the sims not moving into households? could that be causing it? hmm but then a new game would work fine then so i dunno...

Ive been trying everything trying to get this to work but nothing seems to change.. i even removed all my mods (which were just mods to remove the annoying emotion music and the white outlines.. nothing i would think would affect this) and that didnt help eaither.

Message 10 of 74 (4,428 Views)