[FIXED] Cameras can't no longer be placed on any shelfs

by Fischreuse

Original Post

Re: Can't place cameras in or on retail units

Hero
@reboot2019 It's not placeable on any shelf so I guess this is the same issue as the existing thread.

I merged your post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 16 (617 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict So, tiny update to this.
I'm not 100% sure if me getting GTW is related but as of right now, with a fully updated game, I can place cameras on desks and shelves again.

I'll test it tomorrow on an account that doesn't have GTW to make sure, but as of now, this works as intended for me.
Message 12 of 16 (2,304 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Update #2: tested on my daughter's PC that doesn't have GTW and the cameras can now definitely be placed on surfaces in both our games. Seems like this was fixed in the Oct 3 patch even though it wasn't listed in the notes :D

Message 13 of 16 (567 Views)

Hero
@simmyfroggy Thanks.

Guess I'll tag @Fischreuse for feedback if it works too

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 16 (558 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I could place cameras on every category of surface in the game. I don't have GTW, but is fully updated with patches, this is my patch number/game version: 1.56.52.1020. I used the three cameras mentioned in the thread: Barely Better Digital Camera, Appreciably Average Digital Camera, Crystal Clear Digital Camera. It worked in build mode, and in live mode as well: I made a sim take the cameras with command: Put In Inventory, and then Place In World from inventory. They placed the camera on the ground, I could then grab it and place it on the surface again. 

camera on surfaces.png

Message 15 of 16 (555 Views)

★ Guide

Oh, sorry, I don't know how to notice tags. This forum is a little bit confusing for me. I am not longer often here. But thanks. It works fine again in my Fotoshops.

Message 16 of 16 (490 Views)