Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Cameras can't no longer be placed on any shelfs

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to put any of the cameras on a desk or board. They can't no longer stay on any shelf only on the earthground or in sim-inventory. No places else to lay down a photocamera.
What happens when the bug occurs? The cameras don't stay on the shelf, switches back. In elder savegames, where cameras were done on desks ord boards, all these cameas are away.
What do you expect to see? That I still can put a camera on a desk, board an other shelfes like before. And that all the cameras on this places will return in my savegames.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I noticed now, that I can't put a camera no longer on any desk or board. I think in June 2019, it was not a Problem. I'm sure, that ist was no problem at the end of 2018. I have a lot of savegames so that I can compare and see the savedate. After get famous, cameras still could be placed on desks and also small boards.

I guess that the patch to island life or the patch for moshino is the problem in cause of revisions of cameras and photographs.

Message 1 of 16 (2,472 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't place cameras in or on retail units

★ Guide
@crinrict So, tiny update to this.
I'm not 100% sure if me getting GTW is related but as of right now, with a fully updated game, I can place cameras on desks and shelves again.

I'll test it tomorrow on an account that doesn't have GTW to make sure, but as of now, this works as intended for me.

View in thread

Message 12 of 16 (2,303 Views)

All Replies

Re: cameras can't no longer be placed on any shelfs

★★★★ Guide
@Fischreuse Yes, I noticed this when I was buying a camera for the household to get some new pics/try out the new frames.
Message 2 of 16 (2,414 Views)

Re: cameras can't no longer be placed on any shelfs

★ Guide

Once upon a time: lost cameras in several of my starter games & nowadays: searching for a good place outside from sim inventory._Once upon a time.png_Nowadays.png

Message 3 of 16 (2,380 Views)

Camera doesn't place on surfaces

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, Get Famous, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Parenthood, Cool Kitchen, Kids Room, Toddler, Laundry Room, Holiday Items
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to place a camera on a surface other than the floor.
What happens when the bug occurs? The only place where the camera can be placed is the floor. It won't place on desks, tables, shelves, bookshelves or any other available surface in the game.
What do you expect to see? A camera being placed on a table or shelf in a build.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It started happening after the most recent patch from August 6th.

As a piece of additional information, though that might have been a feature and not a bug, cameras placed on Generic lots can only be interacted with if a Sim placed them in Live mode from their inventory. If they're placed on the floor in build mode, they act as inert decor. 

I'm guessing the reported bug (cameras not placing on surfaces) may be related to the changes made to the game to enable the tripod functionality. 

ETA: this is an issue with all three base game cameras for me (I don't have packs that contain others): Barely Better Digital Camera, Appreciably Average Digital Camera, Crystal Clear Digital Camera 

Message 4 of 16 (2,368 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Cameras can't no longer be placed on any shelfs

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrictFischreuse i have this problem too and it came with the update to the Moschino stuff pack.
Message 5 of 16 (2,342 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide
I'm experiencing this as well. One of my sims had a camera on his desk, then after the MSP patch, it was gone. Finally found it in the household inventory. Can't place it anywhere, including storage chests, other than the floor.
Message 6 of 16 (2,298 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Many thanks for the hint. I also found the lost cameras in the inventory of the houshold. But the only possibility to stay in Sim-iventory or the earthground is still not satisfying.

I do not like that at Sims 4, which throws a new idea into the dustbin of all previous game actions. I just downloaded the Moshino pack. All cameras now snap on the tripod. Therefore, the cameras were probably taken the ability to store on all other surfaces. Well, and if I had not wanted Moshiono, then I would have had to accept that I was being deprived of all the other possible options?
This is always the case with the revisions of previously functioning game options. Grrr. Who needs that?

Now I have no hope for revision more ...

Message 7 of 16 (2,223 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I don't see the logic (or the gameplay usefulness) of interactive cameras only being placed in World on the floor. At least allow them to be placed on desks. 

Message 8 of 16 (2,102 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Cameras can't no longer be placed on any shelfs

★★★ Novice

Same here, camera has to be in sim inventory or on the tripod. Coudln't manage to find any desk, shelf to place it on. Moschino update broke a few things for the camera and studio as well, with the photographer career especially. Doesn't seem to be fixed yet.

Message 9 of 16 (1,939 Views)

Can't place cameras in or on retail units

★★ Guide

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all 32
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? build a retail store
What happens when the bug occurs? cameras can not be displayed in or on the retail display units - or shelves/counters
What do you expect to see? I want to be able to retail all cameras & drones and not just the huge green paparazzi camera (the only one that can be placed on retail units)
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

not much more to say, other than a while back I built an electrical retail store and sold cameras from the illuminated display cases. I've recently started a new save and now I can't because the cameras can only be placed on the floor!

Message 10 of 16 (1,849 Views)