Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CL] Yard Sales not working anymore

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use either Come and Get it Street Store or The Street Gallery. Use Stock Table, then Tend Table, then Start Yard Sale.
What happens when the bug occurs? Customers are coming to the yard sale, but no-one is buying anything.
What do you expect to see? Customers are coming to the yard sale and buying objects.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 07 Patch

I reproduced this with both an old save game and a freshly started game that was never saved before.

Message 1 of 60 (20,431 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Yard Sales not working anymore

[ Edited ]
Hero

• Sims will now be more likely to purchase items from the craft sales table during a yard sale.

This issue was fixed in Patch 1.40.61

really hope that fixes the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 49 of 60 (16,542 Views)

All Replies

[CL] No Sales Using Come and Get it Street Store Table

Champion (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs, GPs, SPs released to date
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Set up Come and Get it Street Store table and start a yard sale or stret sale
What happens when the bug occurs? Game runs fine and Sims interact but no items are bought by other Sims
What do you expect to see? Expect to use Come and Get it Street Store table as designed to run yard/street sales and have items be purchased by other Sims
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

No Sales using the Come and Get it Street Store table
Sims show up and look but mostly chat to my Sim or each other.
They roam the lot doing other things until the Yard Sale ends.
- - -
What I have done to fix/test.
Reset price mark-ups.
Changed items for sale.
Sold table and bought a new one.
Tried at home and several parks/community lots.

*Not tried at any Flea Market or Festival
Tried at different times of day.
- - -
Repaired (more than once) and shut down restarted PC.
Routinely delete cache and localthumbcache.package files.
- - -
All this was on a new save started Monday before the patch.
Zero Mods Zero CC
The Come and Get it Street Store table was working in another save last played about a week ago.
That save folder was moved before I started the current save.
All packs owned and patches are current.

Using PC desktop Win7
- - -
Another person reported same/similar issue with the Street Gallery
Forum Link

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 2 of 60 (20,339 Views)

Re: Yard Sales not working anymore

Champion (Retired)

We must have been posting at the same time Embarrassed
[CL] No Sales Using Come and Get it Street Store Table

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 3 of 60 (20,324 Views)

Re: Yard Sales not working anymore

★★ Guide

Looks like it! Exactly what I see, yep.

Message 4 of 60 (20,320 Views)

Re: [CL] No Sales Using Come and Get it Street Store Table

★★ Guide

Glad to see it's not just me. I had a Sim make hundreds of thousands of simoleons selling camping mascot statues in San Myshuno using the street store table, then after the patch when she set up at a festival no one bought anything. (Not that she needed any more money at that point, but she was selling for old times' sake.) I'm on macOS 10.12.6 (Sierra), no mods or cc (ever), all packs except for Toddler Stuff.

Message 5 of 60 (20,315 Views)

Hero

@lady8jane @EuphorialQueen

merged threads

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 60 (20,299 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just coming to comment that I have also done several things to make sure my game and saves are clean before testing the Street Gallery and Come and Get It Street Store items. Repaired the game, reset the Sims 4 folder, except I did not add back any of my previous folders, I started the game as if it were as new as the day I bought it (which also means there's no CC). Tested both tables in a new game, and did not sell one single item. The sims are clearly trying to shop, but then it seems (to my experienced game play eye) that they are prevented from making a purchase, so they proceed to idle on the lot. After idling for a short time the sims will come back to the table and shop again, but the same thing happens again when they are prevented from making a purchase. It's a continuing cycle until the sale ends.

In my amateur speculation and previous experience with these tables, the game will send 1-3 sims to the lot and run a shop/purchase cycle, and then sends all those sims away, then the next batch of 1-3 sims will arrive, and another shop/purchase cycle runs. This continues steadily until the end of the sale - unless the cycle doesn't complete, in which case the group of sims holding up the show stay on the lot until the sale ends. Unfortunately when this happens, no new sims arrive and you end up not selling much. (this happens in about 1 out of 3 sales, so it could be one of those intended random chances of it being a good sale, vs. it being a dud, I don't know). With this bug however, since the shop/purchase cycle doesn't complete, the first group of sims to arrive never leave until the sale is over, so no new sims arrive, and no sales are made. At least, that's how they behaved in my game.

I hope this information is useful for someone to pinpoint what needs fixing, it truly does seem like the sims are shopping, but just can't complete the purchase. I blame the tweaking done with Retail shopping, it seems like every time the retail engine gets tweaked, it breaks the yard sale engine, and vice versa. Can't the two just get along? :D

Message 7 of 60 (20,282 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Same happens in my game.

Message 8 of 60 (20,250 Views)

Hero

Added 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 60 (20,198 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Yard Sales not working anymore

★★★★★ Novice

I am having this same issue with no custom content installed in a fresh save.

Message 10 of 60 (20,130 Views)