[FIXED] [CL] Social events with empty goals with key holders

by Haids1987

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Social events with empty goals with key holders

★★ Pro

I had this happen to me, but with the apartment key event. My Sim had the popup for an event, which said she wasn't attending - but, her neighbor was nowhere in sight!

I'm still sorting out how this apartment key situation works, but I understand it triggers an event when the neighbor(s) or friends who have one show up, but in my game there wasn't anyone. So I just canceled out the event timer.

Message 11 of 45 (4,193 Views)

Re: City Life social glitches

★★★★ Novice

Exactly the same issue that OI have.

Keyholder comes over to spend some time in my appartment before going to the city, and I get the social event bar/timer for the duration of his/her stay,

without any goals to fulfill.

This also prevents me from starting own social events, as it says something along "You cannot plan any social event as long as a social event is running"

Message 12 of 45 (4,164 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It  also prevents any traveling!

Whenever one of these key-holder events with empty goals begins you're locked to your home lot. Though the game somehow sees your sim as not at home or "not participating" you can't travel while a social event is active regardless. The only option is to cancel the event. Which makes me wonder why in the world was this feature added to the game? It serves no purpose and adds very little new game play other than a million and a half empty water glasses lying around spoiling all over the apartment. 

Message 13 of 45 (4,138 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Social events with empty goals with key holders

★ Apprentice

Been having the same issue with the event timer saying my sim is not participating. This time it was 'Game Night' when my sim was at work. Her friend was hanging out by the elevator & was furious by the time my sim stumbled in... She yelled at my sim & I just ended the event.

I might hold off on handing out keys until this works, it's very confusing. Disappointed

(As for the date, I learned that lesson a while ago. You have to keep talking to the other sim the entire time. Nothing else. And you have to stalk them if they suddenly want to do something else... I had my sim play darts with his date once & they seemed to have a great time, but apparently that didn't cut it & the relationship suffered. So I don't accept date invites anymore; I feel like if you ask me out I shouldn't have to do all the work. Thinking)

Message 14 of 45 (4,119 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Event Goal not fulfilling

★★★ Newbie

With City Living, there are game nights and my sims are always seen as not participating so I just end the event. When it does pick up as if they are currently in the event, the event goals will not pop up so that I know what to do to.

Message 15 of 45 (4,113 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Event Goal not fulfilling

★★ Guide

I've had this happen to me today, twice in one Sim day. The first time, it canceled a birthday party I had in progress. Though it was not a "prestige event" and I still got a Happy moodlet since I'd already blown out the candles, all the guests I hadn't given keys to left immediately. The rest just started drinking water, which seems to be the only thing these key-holding guests do when they come for surprise visits. Doesn't seem to be any point to it, so I'll probably just take all the keys back...

I'm on macOS 10.12 (Sierra), all expansions and packs, no mods or custom content.

Message 16 of 45 (4,068 Views)

★★ Novice
Same here
Message 17 of 45 (4,043 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

it's the same with me , a month later you'd think they would have attempted to fix the social event goals and the rabbit holes by now Frown

Message 18 of 45 (3,995 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yep, I'm getting this as well.  I don't think its intended as some others have said because it always says my sim is not participating in the event but there seems to be no way to participate.  Also, when choosing the end early option it says something like, "Ending so soon?  But everyone's having such a great time" which makes no sense in some cases when my sims have gone to bed and the 'event' is still happening.

Message 19 of 45 (3,968 Views)

★★ Guide

My sim had recently moved into a new apartment and there was a "house" warming event going on.  Suddenly, a friend who had been given a key long ago walks in and her event starts, killing my house warming before I could even meet my new neighbors.  I retaliated by killing her event and now that I know it's gonna happen again, my sim will take back his key.

Message 20 of 45 (3,861 Views)