[FIXED] [CL] Singing Music Overlay and never stops

by poisonedsoda

Original Post

Re: [TO ADD] [CL] Singing Music Overlay and never stops

★★★ Newbie
Yeah the exact same thing happened to me even when I realoaded the game the singing was in the same spot
Message 81 of 92 (2,319 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [CL] Singing Music Overlay and never stops

★★★★★ Newbie
This also happened to me, but I didn't speed the game up. I selected "practice singing" and she began to sing (poorly, because she's only on level 5). Then I selected "sing song" and picked one, then cancelled the "practice singing" action. But the "practice singing" sound never stopped, so now there's a disembodied voice in the room. Leaving the lot and coming back didn't help.
This happened yesterday, also, with a different Sim on a different lot. When I rebooted the game today, everything was fine. But now this happened with another Sim. This is pretty annoying. And also creepy.
Message 82 of 92 (2,285 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Singing Music Overlay and never stops

★★ Novice

Proves is a bug .. we should not have to repair as I have done 4 times a night as I have a char trying to level in singing ... 

Message 83 of 92 (2,224 Views)

Re: [CL] Singing Music Overlay and never stops

★★★ Novice
I just had this exact problem. Had sim practice singing on the microphone, then heard an other sim singing as well. At first I thought maybe another sim in the hall was singing to, but when I cancelled the singing action it continued even when I had the sim perform another task. Traveled to a different lot and it stopped, but when I went back to the apartment the overlay was still there. So I exited to the main menu, without saving, and when I reloaded the household from the last save game THE SOUND WAS STILL THERE. It does seem completely isolated to that one room. I even tried deleting the microphone in build mode as 2nd when I went back to live mode, it was still there. Going to try exiting the game now and see if it works like it did for other users.
Message 84 of 92 (2,092 Views)

★★ Novice

The singing is not happening in my house but it's in every restaurant!! The are terrible singing voices practicing do-re-me and something that sounds like Amazing Grace!!! I've done repair 4 times, I've restarted over, and over. It's actually infuriating. I can't send my Sim into any bar, restaurant, or club because of the nonstop, bad singing. You all have to do better than this. People have been complaining about this glitch for over a year!!

Message 85 of 92 (1,975 Views)

★★ Novice

I am still having this problem as well. I really hate having to exit my game and restart it every time I want my musically inclined sim to practice singing. There has got to be a fix for this soon, there is no way that EA isn't aware of this.

Message 86 of 92 (1,478 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This just happened to me. How long will this bug be in the game? O_O

Message 87 of 92 (1,464 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Just happened to me for the first time too. Child sim was practicing singing for the first time and when she stopped it kept going on and on. I had to quit the game and do a repair from origin. Didn’t help that they live in an apartment so I couldn’t escape it! I know the apartment has the haunted trait but I don’t need looming voices! Lol, the neighbors already complain enough!
Message 88 of 92 (1,279 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same issue here. Happened within 10 minutes of the very first time I launched the game, because practice singing was part of the tutorial.

Wasn't this first reported in 2016? Where's the fix?

Message 89 of 92 (1,205 Views)

★★★ Guide
Same issue here too, sped up and relaunch fixed it.
Message 90 of 92 (978 Views)