Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CL] [S] Unable to remove holiday decorations

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game and stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Move a sim into an apartment with fences.
What happens when the bug occurs? There is no way to remove the holiday decorations from the apartment I have moved my sim into. Currently the apartment is decorated for love day but love day finished several days ago. I placed in the decoration box and the 'take down decorations' tab is greyed out and advises that the action is not available for apartments. I also set a holiday with no decorations to see if this would remove them but it hasn't.
What do you expect to see? I'd expect a way to be able to remove unwanted decorations ??
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

There is no way to remove the holiday decorations from the apartment I have moved my sim into. Currently the apartment is decorated for love day but love day finished several days ago. I placed in the decoration box and the 'take down decorations' tab is greyed out and advises that the action is not available for apartments. I also set a holiday with no decorations to see if this would remove them but it hasn't. 

Message 1 of 42 (20,545 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [CL] [S] Unable to remove holiday decorations

Hero

• Holiday decorations (requires The Sims 4 Seasons) that can’t be removed will no longer appear on apartment balconies.

Fixed in Patch 1.47.49

This was fixed for apartments .. IIRC, there has been one report for a house in here so if someone still sees this, let me know.

Also, this is not the issue where NPCs don't remove their decoration. That thread can be found here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-S-NPC-Holiday-Decorations-won-t-go-away-after-holiday-i...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 20 of 42 (25,318 Views)

All Replies

Re: Unable to remove holiday decorations from apartments

Hero

I'm a bit unsure which apartment has fences ? Are they inside ? Have you tried deleting them through buy/build mode ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 42 (20,472 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm so sorry, its a penthouse lot not an apartment. The fences are outside, it's the penthouse lot in the fashion district (?) . The decorations were present on the fences on the original penthouse and I then demolished the lot via build mode to build my own and the decorations are still coming up on the new fences and roofs etc that I've put down. 

Message 3 of 42 (20,460 Views)

Hero
Does this also happen on houses for you ? The penthouse lot shouldn't be different then a house actually.

Might be connected to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-S-NPC-Holiday-Decorations-won-t-go-away-after-holiday-is/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 42 (20,458 Views)

★★ Novice

I haven't noticed this with my played houses as I remove the decorations using the decorations box after each holiday, but I have noticed decorations stay on neighbors houses and community lots until the next holiday. 

Thank you for linking that thread over to me and for your help. 

I guess we just have to hope that this issue will be picked up as a bug and fixed? 

Message 5 of 42 (20,457 Views)

Hero
Could you move to one of the houses that have decoration and see if you also can't remove it ? If so, I guess I'll merge the two threads.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 42 (20,455 Views)

★★ Novice

I've moved house to a standard house lot and I can remove the decorations using the decorations boxes. I cannot remove decorations from a community lot using the boxes as it tells me I can't as I don't own the place.

I've just reloaded my game again to find that the penthouse lot I am currently building on still has the love day decorations and I still can't remove them but all other lots are now clear with no decorations. 

I left my game during a holiday that specifies no decorations so I'm guessing that's why they've disappeared from all other lots. 

Message 7 of 42 (20,433 Views)

Hero
OK. Thanks for the info.

I might merge but for now leave seperate.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 42 (20,425 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] NPC Holiday Decorations won't go away after holiday is over

★★★ Apprentice

I have this issue, but only with the household i play 😩 i switched to another household and every other house is fine except the one, here it is Fall and the house is still decorated with Spring decor and i cant get rid of it, while all the other houses change with the holiday. I even switched to another house in the same neighborhood to see if my house's decorations would update to match the neighborhood but still it didn't change.

Message 9 of 42 (20,386 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] NPC Holiday Decorations won't go away after holiday is over

Hero
Hi @StargazerSapphy

can you remove it with the deco box ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 42 (20,369 Views)