Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CL] [S] Snow inside premade buildings

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion Packs: Island Living Seasons Cats and Dogs City Living Get together Get to work Gamepacks: Strangerville Jungle Adventure Parenthood Dine Out Spa Day Outdoor Retreat Stuff Packs: Toddler Stuff Fitness Stuff Backyard Stuff Kids Room Stuff Romantic Garden Stuff Movie Hangout Stuff Cool Kitchen Stuff Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place an indoor mural on a wall while snow is outside or go to the Art Gallery during the winter in City Living MyShuno, while there is snow outside on the ground, and click on the indoor mural. Also read online the floor murals have the same problem.
What happens when the bug occurs? The spray with graffiti option, used for the Critic career is not available.
What do you expect to see? No message there is snow on an indoor mural while it is indoors. Sim to be able to paint on indoor mural, and spray graffiti, even if it is raining or snowing outside. The outdoor weather not to negatively affect items inside buildings.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sims 4 snow on indoor mural at art gallery.jpg

[CM - Removed duplicate text]

Message 1 of 21 (5,143 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Snow appearing inside Planet Honey Pop

Hero

Fixed an issue where Weather would affect items inside buildings.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 13 of 21 (6,464 Views)

All Replies

Re: Outdoor weather happening inside; inside murals have snow

★ Apprentice

Sorry it posted twice, tried to edit it but it wouldn't submit with only one information paragraph

Message 2 of 21 (5,095 Views)

Hero
@SimzSizzle Did you change anything about the gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 21 (5,074 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [CL] [S] Inside murals have snow

★★ Guide

I placed a mural in a basement room so a vamp could use it and got the same result. 

Message 4 of 21 (5,056 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

I'm not sure if this inline with the problem but I notice I have snow inside Planet Honey Pop!!

07-19-19_12-17-22 AM.png

not sure when this started.

Message 5 of 21 (5,034 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@LadyDarkSorrow  I get this too and I can't find any areas on the walls or roof that would be letting snow in. 

Message 6 of 21 (4,975 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@LadyDarkSorrow I think this is because the main area ofPlanet Honey Pop is not considered a room by the game - thats how they made the split level, and why you cant pick it up. So I don't think its related to the op.

but i have had the same problem as op, not being able to paint indoor murals due to outdoor snow.

Message 7 of 21 (4,859 Views)

Snow appearing inside Planet Honey Pop

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Parenthood and Moschino Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to Planet Honey Pop in the winter, while it's snowing.
What happens when the bug occurs? There is snow inside the venue as if outside.
What do you expect to see? No snow inside the building.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I started noticing after the Realm of Magic patch.

So I went to Planet Honey Pop in San Myshuno while it was snowing and the entire floor of the building had snow covering it. There was no option to make snow angels or anything, so the snow wasn't recognized like it is outside, just the visual effects were there.

I don't have any mods or CC in my game. I had a few pieces of CC in the game a while back, just to view them in CAS, but took them out and deleted the cache files. I used a simple mod to unlock pointed ears in CAS one time, made a few Sims, and took the mod out then deleted the cache files. I've played this lot several times and never had this issue. I suspect it's the result of the Realm of Magic patch. 

10-24-19_3-18-05 PM.png10-24-19_3-18-16 PM.png10-24-19_3-20-17 PM.png

Message 8 of 21 (4,844 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@LiELFI've seen this too, but before Realm of Magic, so I think it's been an issue for a lot longer. Maybe even since Seasons itself.

It happens when there's snow cover outside, but because the interior floor of Planet Honey Pop is sunken (they removed the foundation inside) that area seems to also get covered in snow too.

A similar thing happens at Discotheque Pan Europa in Windenburg, because that also has a similar removed foundation sunken floor. But only half of that is covered in snow because apparently having a proper roof above it and not just a flat flooring roof prevents the snow indoors.

It's definitely a bug because having any kind of roof above, either hipped or flat should stop indoor snow.

Message 9 of 21 (4,831 Views)

Hero
@LiELF Merged this with another thread on the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 21 (4,797 Views)