Re: [OPEN] [CL] [S] GeekCon Computers constantly break in the rain

by SimInfinity

Original Post

★ Guide

@SimGuruNickHere's a save if you still need one. I've only gone to a handful of geekcons since Seasons came out where it wasn't raining, so it wasn't hard to get a save file. Take anyone to the festival and you'll find that the only thing you can do is use the pre-built rocket ship and buy stuff. The computers, big gaming console, and tv/smaller console are all broken from the rain.

Personally, I think making all of the festivals guaranteed to have clear weather (with variable temp depending on weather) would probably be the best solution. While the weather doesn't physically break the other stuff, it's kinda gross trying to do a food eating competition when the curry has been out from under cover for hours in the rain, and it's kinda hard to get your romance on when people keep trying to run for cover from the weather. (I also think it would be nice if the romance festival's flowers were always in bloom, either because they cheated or because they only spawned currently-in-season flowers but that's probably too off topic for this thread).

Message 21 of 28 (1,494 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

I get this all the time, it's so annoying. It rains a lot during the fall. Worst is when I'm there on one of those phone invites by another sim and I can't perform the challenge because the computers and gaming rigs are broken. I took out my wand and... no weather magic...

Message 22 of 28 (1,438 Views)

★ Guide

My sim went to geek con and every single electrical item was broken while it was raining....

Message 23 of 28 (1,400 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CL] [S] GeekCon Computers constantly break in the rain

★★★★ Novice

That just electrified my sim to death. Not a horrible idea, but that machine is super prone to backfiring it seems.

Message 24 of 28 (1,316 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CL] [S] GeekCon Computers constantly break in the rain

★★★★★ Pro

I've come up with another potential workaround. Go to Game Options/Seasons. Set Rain Options to None and Snow Options to None. Doing this before you go to GeekCon should prevent the kind of weather that breaks the electronics, with no risk to your Sims. This should also work after you get there, except that there might be a short delay before the rain/snow stops and that's all it takes to break the computers. Don't forget to change back to your normal settings after GeekCon is over.

Message 25 of 28 (1,277 Views)

Hero

It's less likely to rain at GeekCon festivals now, which should help keep those computers safe!

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 28 (6,320 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

This issue has not been fixed and is still occurring.  i just sent my Sim who to geekcon and it was raining and all of the computers were broken.  She has handiness skills and I thought I could repair the computers myself but there is no option to repair.  I tried going in to build mode and buying new computers but I am not able to do that either.  It is amazing that two years later the same bug is still happening.   

Message 27 of 28 (756 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@jewelisgreat It still rains. Just less often. Computers break in the rain, that's by design.

If it's still every time for you, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Rain-at-GeekCon-causes-computers-to-be-broken/m-p/10665745

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 28 (737 Views)