Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CL] [S] GeekCon Computers constantly break in the rain

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to GeekCon when it’s raining
What happens when the bug occurs? Geekcon computers and gaming mats are broken when it is raining in San Myshuno. Can be repaired but break immediately afterwards and when mousing over the use button it says Electronics don’t work in the rain! Not sure if this is by design or overlooked as Sims are unable to enter the GeekCon Challenges while it is raining.
What do you expect to see? Computers and gaming mats in full working order
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Seasons

Please help

Message 1 of 28 (8,391 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [CL] [S] GeekCon Computers constantly break in the rain

Hero

It's less likely to rain at GeekCon festivals now, which should help keep those computers safe!

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 26 of 28 (6,321 Views)

All Replies

Re: [OPEN] [CL] GeekCon Computers constantly break in the rain

Hero
Don't think this is intended behavior

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 28 (8,229 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] GeekCon Computers constantly break in the rain

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

It's probably an oversight. It makes sense that electronics shouldn't work outdoors in the rain but then that makes the GeekCon pointless if the weather happens to be raining at the time it takes place. They either need to make the GeekCon electronics immune to rain which is too unlrealistic for me, or add some sort of cover to the convention area to keep them from breaking. Or, I suppose, put checks in the game to guarentee it will never rain during a GeekCon?

Message 3 of 28 (8,193 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Yes this is annoying, 2 GeekCons in a row, first rain, second thunderstorm,and no computers or gaming rigs working. I think the Rock Climbing rig needs to be immune to rain also, kind of big for most "Indoor" uses. The outdoor home theater seems immune, why can not some of the other things that are "outdoor" also be immune to rain.

Message 4 of 28 (8,027 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah this keeps happening to us as well. Now, I could see a couple ways to approach this, simple or complex. One workaround as players could be to build/buy activate on other lots via cheats and set up some ceilings. Another could be to have a patch that weather checks before the event triggers for geek con.

One other thing that I think could be fun for us players would be to add an option to upgrade devices to be Waterproof. Looking at electronics these days, more of our things are becoming impervious to water. So why not add that to the game for a Sim with high enough Handiness? Then use that newly added ability to premade items such as those in the city. Just an entertaining idea!

Suppose on the other side of the coin this could make it seem a little ridiculous to hold a festival during bad weather and heighten the chances of getting electrocuted.

Message 5 of 28 (7,976 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Yep, extremely annoying. This mod fixes that for now, if EA doesn't patch it:  MTS: Electronics Work In the Rain!

<removed link, please only name mods, no links. Links are against the TOS>

Message 6 of 28 (7,922 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Well I stated a few posts back, "The outdoor home theater seems immune, ", I was wrong, it does not "Break" when it rains, but it can not be used, so much for "Outdoor".

Message 7 of 28 (7,840 Views)

★ Apprentice
This problem still annoys me. My last three GeekCons all fell into the water. Without adequate roofing you can not use the festival.
Message 8 of 28 (7,699 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CL] [S] GeekCon Computers constantly break in the rain

★★★★★ Pro

Go to Buy mode and get Dr. June's Weather Control Device from Outdoor Activities. This won't cost anything if you are at a community lot, such as Planet Honey Pop! Use the weather control device to change the weather. Clear Skies gets rid of the rain pretty quickly. Anything that's broken will still need to be fixed but at least this gives you a chance.

It's still unfortunate that this happens and I think it would be best to have a bugfix that ensures good weather for festivals, especially GeekCon.

Message 9 of 28 (7,362 Views)

[NEEDS INPUT/A] [CL] [S] 100% Chance of Rain at GeekCon

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.65
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs, All GPs except for Parenthood, most SPs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send the Sim to GeekCon.
What happens when the bug occurs? Rain, storms, shorted-out equipment a-plenty.
What do you expect to see? An event that is not unplayable 100% of the time.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installing Seasons (or the patch that went with it)

Every single time I send a Sim to GeekCon, it turns out to be raining, even if there are sunny skies in the neighborhood I am playing. All seasons have this problem. I know events are sometimes rained out, but this happens 100% of the time.

Is this a glitch, or do I have incredibly bad luck? Is there a way to make the canopies over the equipment somewhat waterproof? I'm at the point where I don't even bother sending even the geekiest of Sims to the event because I know it will be raining and everything will be shorted out. It's like San Myshuno and Seasons are completely incompatible. And this doesn't seem to happen to the other events, like Humor & Hijinks or the Romance Festival. Why do the rain clouds hate computers so much?

I do have to admit that this was pretty funny and only could have happened during a rainy GeekCon, but it would have been better if my nine-year-old nephew was not in the room when this happened. Shocked

NerdsSawMeNaked

Message 10 of 28 (7,092 Views)