Re: [OPEN] [CL] Phone events (Opera, Circus, Concert etc.) not working correctly

by Duhgirl2u2

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Phone events (Opera, Circus, Concert etc.) not working correctly

★ Novice

Same issue, no custom content, fresh install, and I get the initial invite calls, but no call later on when it's time to go. 

Message 31 of 102 (2,000 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had the same problem and it sucked cuz I had my sim take a vacation day from work just to be able to go to this event and then it was a wasted day because I never got a prompt to actually attend the event. Hopefully EA fixes this in the next patch.

Message 32 of 102 (1,952 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Have they said anything or even acknowledged this problem? I believe it's been two patches since this bug arose and yet they still haven't said anything about it...

Message 33 of 102 (1,940 Views)

Hero

Can't remember if they acknowledged it but I'm pretty sure they are aware of it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 102 (1,934 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Some of these have begun to work for me since the latest patch, but it's very inconsistent.

The events that would instantly cause the sim to leave the lot work, but the events that would take place later in the same day still do not function.

Message 35 of 102 (1,875 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I had this as well.

Tested with the vanilla game and with my mods & CC enabled, same outcome both times.

Get the call in the morning, then I never hear anything about it again until they invite me to another event 3 days later or something.

Cleared temp files, re-installed the game, even tried it on a different PC and it doesn't seem to work for me. Weird.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon, it's a neat little addition. 

Message 36 of 102 (1,859 Views)

★ Novice

Same for me.

The one time I got these rabbit hole events to work was with a sim who was from Willow Creek or somewhere. I also made sure she was ON one of the San Myshuno community lots at the time of the second call.

Maybe it also would have worked if she was at home for the second call, but I've never tried.

For my San Myshuno locals, it's just nothing whatsoever. The first phone call comes in the morning, and then nothing else ever happens. For them, I've tried guessing which district the event might be in and sending them there at the specified time of the event, but so far no luck.

I hope a new patch is coming soon. My sims would also like to get MARRIED again.

Message 37 of 102 (1,782 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

I'm having this as well, but nothing triggers at all.  I get the call, I accept the invite.  I'm told the time.  The time comes and goes and my sims never attempt to leave the apartment or go anywhere at all. Its as if the invite never came at all.

Message 38 of 102 (1,750 Views)

No options for granting key holder's requests

★ Novice
Hi, I'm having some issues with my key holder's requests in City Living.
I've had notifications pop up with a key holder asking to use my apartment to get ready for a day out but I have no options to grant their requests. I can only close the notification window which seems to cancel their request.
Typically a key holder will ask "I was thinking about checking out the city today. Can I use your place to get ready?" There are no options though, only the exit button.
Is this normal for the game? Is there something I'm missing here? Or is it a bug?

Thanks!
Message 39 of 102 (1,720 Views)

Re: No options for granting key holder's requests

Hero

Hi @sianaveve

merged your post.

It's currently not working correctly as it should

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 40 of 102 (1,714 Views)