Re: [OPEN] [CL] Phone events (Opera, Circus, Concert etc.) not working correctly

by shellbeme

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CL] Phone events (Opera, Circus, Concert etc.) not working correctly

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except a few stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The phone invites are randomly triggered through normal gameplay.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims do not attend the planned rabbithole event and sometimes reset when the event time rolls around.
What do you expect to see? Sims leaving the active lot to attend the event.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Phone calls inquiring whether to visit a circus/opera/concert doesn't seem to be functioning correctly.

The phone dialogue mention the opera occurring at 8pm that day. When the time hits 8pm, an interaction triggers, but instantly disappears from the queue. Sim didn't reset to T-pose when this happened.

The opera phone call was around 6-6:30am, which is unusually early for a phone call. (I believe there is a thread for a similar thing)

Last exception files shows nothing related that I can make out, but have uploaded for reference.

Someone on the subreddit also had this issue:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/5ad4vc/city_living_first_impressions_and_chat/d9gkj7k/

Edit: Had a call to visit an underground concert at 8am, here's a screenshot for reference.

Sims4concert.png

At 10am, much like before, an interaction triggered and then disappeared.

A minor complaint of mine would also be the vagueness of this text with time formatting. Is that AM or PM, 12 or 24 hour? Also, an underground rave at 10am? Seriously?

Message 1 of 102 (43,677 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: City Living Concerts, Operas, Circuses, etc. Not Working

Hero

I'm going to mark this as fixed.

Here's how it should work

1. Usually in the morning, you'll get an invitation to some event (opera, concert, circus). It will give you a time (or just evening) when it's going to happen and you can either decline or accept
  2. Nothing instant will happen if you accept.
  3. If you accept, you'll get a second message later that they when the event actually happens.
  4. You will then be taken to a rabbit hole event.

If this is NOT what you see and you never ever get taken to a rabbit hole event, please create a new thread for this.

Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 95 of 102 (14,275 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO ADD] [CL] Phone events (Opera, Circus, Concert etc.) not working correct

Hero

Yeah, I also had a message like that and nothing ever happen. The Sim that invited me even came over to my apartment at the time (she is a key holder).

I'll add this for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 102 (43,231 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [CL] Phone events (Opera, Circus, Concert etc.) not working correct

Hero

Added for now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 102 (43,205 Views)

★★ Guide
This hapened to me. I sent my sim and she disappeared in the elevator. I actually thought she got stuck in the elevator but she suddley reappeared. I was hoping to see these shows. I hear one is a circus.
Message 4 of 102 (43,187 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I believe that's the intended outcome.

Someone in the subreddit mentioned they act like going to work and disappearing for a short while. Much like the old rabbit hole events in Sims 3.

Message 5 of 102 (43,186 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Phone events (Opera, Circus, Concert etc.) not working correctly

★ Apprentice

I have this issue too.  8 PM came, the clock rolled back about 15 minutes and 8 pm came again and nothing.  It was an invite to the opera.

Message 6 of 102 (43,049 Views)

Hero

@catloverplayer wrote:
This hapened to me. I sent my sim and she disappeared in the elevator. I actually thought she got stuck in the elevator but she suddley reappeared. I was hoping to see these shows. I hear one is a circus.

Yeah, I'm guessing too. I mean there's no Opera or Circus so it's a rabbithole thing.

Did it happen at the time it told you or right away ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 102 (42,999 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This happened to me as well with the underground concert. I accepted the invite, but I didn't even see an interaction queue/disappear at that time. As a side note - I made sure my sim wasn't doing anything at both 10 AM and 10 PM, hoping that would solve the issue. But that didn't work either.

Message 8 of 102 (42,945 Views)

★★ Novice

I've had both the opera and concert texts. The opera worked, but I was never re-notified after first getting text about concert and was unable to find "hidden" area. I did however notice that at Casbah Gallery there is a tent-like building on the side of the gallery that I can have sim walk into, but then I notice a slope and there are no options to move. While trying to figure out if I was missing something, I saw sims walk a foot into the "building" and then disappear. Has anyone else noticed this on the lot and/or know what it is?

Message 9 of 102 (42,651 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have no mods or CC.

Message 10 of 102 (42,644 Views)