Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CL] Outlines change after entering build mode in Medina Studi

by Simmingal

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CL] Outlines change after entering build mode in Medina Studi

Champion

Yup here as well I also think one of the alto apartments have weird lining spike out of the actual lining

I also have bulldozed almost all of the apartments to rebuild them so I do think that is triggering it somehow

Message 11 of 20 (1,577 Views)

★ Guide
@Simmingal Bulldozing the apartments doesn't trigger the issue. I did generate a fresh new Sims 4 folder by the game, started without any mods installed and created a brand new savegame, just to go into both apartments I mentioned in my first posting here. No bulldozing, nothing. I just went into the one (build mode) and the other (live mode), didn't save, just went back to the world view. The issue is there, outlines of apartments are broken both.
Oh, and I can confirm one of the Alto apartments has the issue, too.
Message 12 of 20 (1,570 Views)

apartment not registered as full apartment

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all expect strangerville, m first pets stuff, laundry day, and fitness stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? when you go to medina studios apartment and hover over the apartment
What happens when the bug occurs? the apartments appears to be cut off. as if its not an apartment so random sims walk into the apartment
What do you expect to see? the whole apartment is highlighted, my sims and dog can go down the elevator. random sims dont walk into my apartment as if its the apartment lobby.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

So the issue is that the apartments in Medina Studios is cut off. I think it might have happened when I tried to adopt a cat and it glitched out. I didn't know the issue happened until I saved to go to manage world. Neither my dog or sims can go outside. I try to take the dog for a walk and it says they can't go. Random sims walk into the apartment, because its registered as not apart of the apartment, and I cant ask the sims to leave either. none of the other apartments are like that, its just this one. I tried to take screenshots but its kind of hard to tell, but with Salim's apartment you can really tell it looks cut off.

Message 13 of 20 (1,560 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@LadyFu83 It didn't trigger with bulldozing for me, either, just going into build mode as well.
Message 14 of 20 (1,524 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem with the appartments of Medina Studio's, super annoying 

Message 15 of 20 (1,475 Views)

Apartment outlines bug?

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load either 910 Medina Studios or 930 Medina Studios, go into build/buy mode and edit the apartments. Once you exit (whether you save or not) and go into manage worlds, the selection outlines of both apartments will be out of wack. It happens to both apartments, even if you just edit one. It happens when you place rooms in either apartment. It happens when you just go into build mode and delete objects, without even editing the apartment layout, walls, etc.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you load a new, fresh game, both selection outlines go around the entire apartment, as with all the apartments. But the minute you go into build mode, the apartment outlines go out of wack. And they stay out of wack going forward while playing the game. Repairing and reloading the game doesn't fix the issue.
What do you expect to see? I expect the outlines to stay around the entire apartments, not just randomly slicing them both in half.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have a fuzzy memory of this being an issue back when City Living first came out, but either a patch fixed it or I found a way around the issue--because my old saves have the outlines around the whole apartments still, even though I've remodeled both apartments extensively in old salves.

However, it seems the issue is back (if I did indeed experience it way back then...), either since installing Island Living and/or Moschino. 

These two apartments are the ones I've noticed it on the most, but they aren't the only ones. 

However, it doesn't seem to happen on ALL apartments. Some of the apartments still have the selection outlines around the entire apartment just fine. 

If someone knows how to fix this issue, or how to keep it from happening, please let me know!

(FYI, I did try to search for other posts on this issue, but all I found were people wondering how to delete the chalk outlines from around crime scene bodies that are in some apartments...)

Message 16 of 20 (1,463 Views)

Re: Apartment outlines bug?

★★ Guide
@ceb6973 I am also encountering this visual bug. It's been there for several patches already. It does get confusing on how much of the apartment is owned by the Sim.
Message 17 of 20 (1,451 Views)

Re: Apartment outlines bug?

Hero
@ceb6973 Merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please press me too on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 20 (1,428 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have it happen on the lot next to the Lobo guy too. The blue line is weird in that one. I haven't checked any other lots.

Message 19 of 20 (1,384 Views)

Hero
This issue looks fixed to me.

Marking as solved.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 20 (2,963 Views)