Re: [OPEN] [CL] 'Not expanded to Ops' when trying to build multilevel apartments

by Danitsia_TLP

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CL] 'Not expanded to Ops' when trying to build multilevel apartments

★★★ Guide

Interestingly enough, I was able to alter the floorplan of Zenview apt (in the quake zone) within the last 6 months or so, but with the recent addition of eco lifestyle and nifty knitting, I can no longer do so, getting this ops message when I try. I'm attaching screenshots of the build I have where I was able to alter the floor plan and add/delete walls - that save still has the modified apt. in it unchanged, but I can make no FURTHER changes to it due to this bug.

I have all the packs, and have tried taking out all my mods and cc.

This is a very recent issue for me, even though it was first reported back in 2018.

Message 101 of 118 (1,964 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Build Mode "Not expanded to Ops"

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I've been renovating all of the apartments in San Myshuno, and working on the financial district last. IX Landgraab is the first one that's given me this problem. Constantly hitting walls with the sledgehammer as one suggested, is not working. Attempting to alter the room size is not working. Bulldozing always leads to game-freezing and having to Ctrl+Alt Del to get out of it. Is there no way to fix this? It's pretty upsetting. I consider this a game-breaking problem.

*EDIT* I've also just realized I can't add any walls to this apartment either. And I'm a little shy now about trying to fix any other apartments. Not pleased about this one, EA.

Message 102 of 118 (1,897 Views)

Dot.: "Not Expanded to Ops" when trying to build on 702 ZenView

★★★★ Novice

@kreatora wrote:
@Honoria16

Delete the staircases in both 701 and 702 Zenview apartments! The staircases touch each other through the wall so the bug occurs.

This was not MY issue, but I figured out my own problem and they are similar. Just noting for anyone else who might be having my problem that it seems to be related to this.

My problem was with the Landgraab building. I started with remodeling VIII Landgraab (I didn't bulldoze before starting, just sledged down the walls, and I don't think it's related, but that's what I did) and noticed that a shared wall had a tiny chunk of a half-wall trim bleeding over from IX Landgraab. I ignored it, thinking when I remodeled IX Landgraab that I'd take care of it then. Unfortunately, once I finished VIII and moved my active Sim over to IX, I wasn't able to alter ANYTHING. I could not move walls, remove walls, sledgehammer walls, bulldoze anything, or even add walls. The doors could be moved and the items deleted, but that's it.

I wrestled with my game for awhile, having to force close it and restart it multiple times before remembering that stupid half-wall. I started a new game, went into IX Landgraab and was able to bulldoze it with no problem. Went back to the game file where I'd been doing my building, and saved all pieces of the VIII Landgraab apartment to my library and then bulldozed it. Surprise! I was then able to bulldoze, build walls, sledge walls, move walls, everything I needed to do in IX Landgraab. Now I've placed everything back in VIII Landgraab and everything still works in IX Landgraab.

All because of a little half-wall. I will never use half-walls in apartments again.

Message 103 of 118 (1,888 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having a similar issue myself. I went into my building save to work on my next location that my current household was going to live in after the parents died. I wanted to use 702 Zenview in the Fashion District. Ya know, the one apartment next to the Karaoke Legends. So I loaded in and set to deleting everything in the apartment. Fresh Canvas, ya know. I go to delete the walls and get this "not expanded to Ops" message. I load out and back in, and try again. Same message. I exit out the game, remove my cc and mods, and load back in to try again. Same result. 

I did load into other apartments in the save and I could delete the walls just fine in those. I've only encountered this problem with 702 Zenview so far. Haven't tried in any of my other saves, but something tells me I'm gonna run into the same problem if I try. Its a little frustrating but not game-breaking for me. Just guess I won't be using that apartment any time soon. 

Message 104 of 118 (1,829 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

How is this still an issue after all this time????? 

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them including the Sept 3rd patch. 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to bulldoze or remove any existing INTERIOR walls or adding any INTERIOR walls or redesigning the floorplan in any way!
What happens when the bug occurs? I receive an error that says not expanded to ops and cannot build or when bulldozing says the same error but loads and never stops loading (same)
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to build walls or rooms or even pace rooms from the gallery (same)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them. (same)
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes  (same)
Please describe the patch or change you made. Get Famous And The Nov 13 patch it still persists with The November 20 patch. EXACT same like years ago!!!!!!!!!

as stated above

Message 105 of 118 (1,705 Views)

★ Apprentice

im having this issue too!! absolutely ridiculous of ea to put out fantasy packs that noone wants when theres so many basic bugs that need fixing

Message 106 of 118 (1,679 Views)

★★★ Expert

It's weird because I have remodeled the 702 ZenView apartment many times before, but today in a new save I got the "Not Expanded to Ops" error when I tried to place rooms I had previously saved to My Library. Same thing when I tried to change the interior walls. The suggested trick of removing the stairs in both ZenView apartments did work for me. I first removed the stairs from 701 and then switched over to 702 and removed the stairs from that apartment too. Then I was able to place the rooms from My Library and make other changes to the interior walls. I finished up by placing new stairs in 702, switched back to 701 again, and placed new stairs there too.

So yeah, kind of a pain & and a few extra steps but everything is just how I want it in 702 ZenView.

Message 107 of 118 (1,664 Views)

★★ Novice

This seems to be a bug associated with the latest patch/update. Same exact problem here. Never had an issue before. Ughhh.

Message 108 of 118 (1,641 Views)

★ Novice

The bug is still here but if you delete both of the stairs of the apts you can then edit fully and properly. Just tested it.

Message 109 of 118 (1,594 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same problem here. I have edited this floorplan several times, but after about 3 updates ago I can't do it anymore. If I try to build a wall, appears the message: Not expanded for operations. And if I try to bulldoze, loads and never stops loading. Very sad to see that it's an old problem, and until today it has not been solved. Please fix this soon, I can't finish my save file because of this.
For clarifications: I tested without any cc, and repair the game. I have all the dlc's except Journey to Batuu. Thanks!

Message 110 of 118 (1,571 Views)