[FIXED] [CL] No ultra speed while living in Apartments

by Herowebrine

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CL] No ultra speed while living in Apartments

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue as everyone here. I've reported it as a bug several times, uninstalled the game multiple times, used ccleaner to try and clean up files on my pc but it's still not working! It's been a problem for so long and is obviously a bug. Can someone help me try and fix it? On Ultra Speed it just skips back a few seconds every time, also when sleeping. It also isn't actually going very fast. I've not been able to play this game since I've had it, getting really angry now.

Message 31 of 79 (3,579 Views)

Hero

Do you have ultra speed not kicking in (this issue) or just time jumping (different issue) and slow speed 3 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 79 (3,575 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Good day.  I am having the same issue.  The automatic ultra speed feature sometimes tries to start, but inexplicably stops and goes to normal speed.  (If there is a random text coming in on the phone from a sim-friend or something, this always seems to bounce it back to normal, but this isn't the only thing that causes it, most times it's seems to be for no reason).   When I try to select speed 3 manually, then the timing gets out of sync.

[I know there's a landlord issue already under another thread where he doesn't leave.  When this happens, and if he is present (stuck in my apt), then if my sim sleeps, it stays at normal speed (and the landlord usually stays all night as if it's his own place (he cooks, eats, watches television, and even takes care if rats if they pop up while he's there - this glitch is a little annoying, but almost comical.  He eventually leaves, usually during the middle of the next day.]

Message 33 of 79 (3,506 Views)

★★ Novice

I can confirm both issues still happen, ultra speed not triggering AND time jumps, most notably in the spice market Culpepper apt. The festival is for sure the cause of ultra speed not kicking in properly, as I've moved out the only other people in that apartment and I don't have this issue in normal houses afaik. The only other time it happens is when a neighbor happens to be visiting. The time skips however are a different issue entirely, as those happen at all the apartments and seemingly at random but only on speed 3 or ultra. I think it has to do with the activity going on outside the apartment slowing down processing speed and the game attempting to compensate, because the busier it is out there the worse the time jumps become.

Message 34 of 79 (3,426 Views)

Re: [City Living] No super ultra fast speed when working or sleeping

★★★ Newbie

@jillyybeanz wrote:

My ultra fast speed has stopped working all together - quite frustrating when my Sim is at work or sleeping. I did notice before that it wouldn't work during festivals, but a couple of days ago it just stopped working completely, even when there are no festivals happening.

It's the same for me!! It' super aggravating. I tried re-starting the game and all the settings.

Message 35 of 79 (3,328 Views)

★★ Novice

This happened to me too, in fact, it is happening right now! I can understand what you are trying to say but I made my Sim go to bed at 1:00 AM. When no festivals are active and it still won't work! I also want this to be fixed and I also found it to be apartments or city living too as ever since I got the pack sleeping in either a house or an apartment is the worst and is super slow even if I put it in full speed. 

Message 36 of 79 (3,309 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My assumption has been that it's because whether by design or error the game is treating the other tenants of the apartment buildings like people present in your house, and since ultra speed doesn't work if there is still someone at home...you see what I mean? I wish I knew what really is the case, because that is really annoying-- and sometimes it does work but then it stops and won't start again for me.

Message 37 of 79 (3,209 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same thing started happening to me yesterday in my sim apartment. No festivals going on, no NPCs or maids, none of my neighbors are stuck, and the automatic ultra speed just isn't working anymore. I can't get it to kick in no matter what I do. And when I press speed 3 while both of my sims are sleeping, it often will automatically go back to speed 1 without me pressing it. This is really getting on my nerves and making the game unplayable for me.

Message 38 of 79 (3,072 Views)

Re: Super Ultra Speed not Working in City Living

★★★★★ Newbie

Absolutely exactly my problem. Please someone fix this. I just wanna play my game.

Message 39 of 79 (3,065 Views)

Re: Super Ultra Speed not Working in City Living

★★★ Newbie
It doesn't just happen in apartments, but in houses as well for me. Please fix this. It's getting really annoying.
Message 40 of 79 (2,701 Views)