Re: [OPEN] [CL] Neighbors complain about noise when there is no noise

by SacramentalHIM

Original Post

★★★ Novice

My neighbour get's angry pounding the door while my sim is painting in the middle of the night (she is a vampire).

I don't think painting is causing any noise.. 

Message 21 of 35 (3,844 Views)

★★ Guide
I have had this happen too. When my sims are eating, using the bathroom or reading. Right now I has it happen when my sim was listening to music with their headphones. I'm thinking logically if I switch Sims and I can no longer hear the music, how is it that the neighbor does and complains about it? Does that make any sense at all?
Message 22 of 35 (3,755 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yeah, it doesn't matter if your sim is just standing still and not doing anything even - if they're simply awake between certain hours, they'll get a noise complaint. Not always though - it'll depend on their relationship with their neighbours. If they're friendly enough they shouldn't receive noise complaints, but if they're not that friendly then be prepared to be annoyed constantly. As much as welcome wagons annoy me, they're really useful in the city to build up enough of a relationship with your neighbours to avoid this happening

Message 23 of 35 (3,641 Views)

Hero

Could either someone create a new thread for this (as per missing bug template on this) or @JasonVega2 edit the first post for me to include the template ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 35 (3,633 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

hey there, i seemed to have the problem aswell and i believe the cause is a glitched electrical appliance in your apartment due to a corrupt save. This seemed to happen to me on "19 culpepper house" which is the TLC one, whether this is a coincidence or its a bugged apartment.

THEORY AND CAUSE:

My theory is that if you have your stereo playing when you save and exit, i think that once you reload the save, the stereo bugs out and create a ghost stereo that is constantly playing music. making the neighbours react to the noise complaint even though the stereo your seeing is not playing and can not turn off the ghost stereo playing the songs. this could possibly be the case with any electrical application that triggers the neighbour complaint.

Hopefully my theory made sense

I tried the other solution of evicting my household then replacing them into the apartment but nothing changed.

POSSIBLE SOLUTION:

I seemed to fix it once i removed my stereo from my apartment. So i believe the possible solution to your issue is to delete any stereos in your apartment then wait a few days and see if you get any neighbour complaints, if this does not work then delete any appliance than triggers the complaint.

Like i said, it worked for me so im confident it will work for you.

Message 25 of 35 (3,615 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Is this still an issue for anyone? We've been having trouble reproducing. If so, could you possibly share a save file? Thanks! https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 26 of 35 (3,484 Views)

★ Novice

I just took over the Sim neighbor that was bothering me and moved him to a crappier apartment lol. Same thing for me he was loud all the time but would get mad at my Sim for just going to the bathroom. I ignored him when he came knocking and he went from friend to enemy so I thought you're out of here dude. I logged into him and got rid of him.

Message 27 of 35 (3,390 Views)

Hero

Sims listening to music via Earbuds (Fitness Stuff) will no longer cause a noise complaint from neighbors in the apartment.

So they found one cause. Not sure if it's the only one but since this thread is a bit old and has multiple noise sources mentioned (and some have already been fixed), I'm going to lock this thread.

If you still have issues with this, please create a new thread.

Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 35 (21,123 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yes, this bug just started for me but I’ve not played for a year. Both my sims are asleep, there’s no tv or stereo on, it’s 7am and the Fengs are complaining about the noise. Game is up to date. The only cc I have is bodyshop stuff, clothes makeup etc. I will try work out how to send a save file.
Message 29 of 35 (3,176 Views)

Hero
Hm. Maybe there are more causes to this. Could you remove all custom content anyways and try again ? Does it happen regularly ? If so, a save game would probably be helpful.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 35 (3,149 Views)