Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CL] Neighbors complain about noise when there is no noise

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? GTW, GT, CL, OR, SD, DO, LSP, PPSP, SSP, BYSP, BNSP, FSP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Walk through an apartment foyer at nighttime. Bathe, eat, wash your hands, get a drink at night. It does not appear to matter which apartment complex you are in. I have had the same problem at two different apartment locations.
What happens when the bug occurs? The neighbors come and pound on the door complaining about non-existent noise. Sometimes this even occurs while they themselves are making noise late at night.
What do you expect to see? I expect the neighbors to not show up complaining about noise when there isn't any significant noise occurring. I can see exercising, playing the piano, or turning on the stereo - but getting up to go to the bathroom? Or eat a meal from the fridge without cooking it? Seems extreme to me
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It was after the installation of CL (City Living), obviously. I believe it started the next patch after that. Or it may have been there all along and I just never noticed it.

My Sim is living in the Culpepper apartments and does not get along with the neighbors (the Rasoyas). Lately, though, they have been pounding on the door complaining about the noise when my Sim has just gotten home and isn't even in the apartment yet. There's no music playing or anything - he's just in the foyer and one of the neighbors is pounding on the door. They also complain if my Sim gets up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom or opens the fridge to eat a late night snack. It *might* be by design, but it seems a little extreme to me.

Is anyone else having issues like this?

Not sure if this is related but I am also unable to complain when *they* are making noise. Started a different thread for that.

All content except Kid's Stuff.

Some Mods, but it was working before.

Message 1 of 35 (24,152 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Neighbors complain about noise when there is no noise

Hero

Sims listening to music via Earbuds (Fitness Stuff) will no longer cause a noise complaint from neighbors in the apartment.

So they found one cause. Not sure if it's the only one but since this thread is a bit old and has multiple noise sources mentioned (and some have already been fixed), I'm going to lock this thread.

If you still have issues with this, please create a new thread.

Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 28 of 35 (20,950 Views)

All Replies

Re: [CL] Neighbors complain about noise when there is no noise

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Oh this just gets better and better! My Sim is taking a bath at 11:30 PM. The neighbors are playing their music loudly and I cannot knock on their door to complain. At the same time the SAME neighbor is pounding on my Sim's door complaining about the noise!

Message 2 of 35 (24,025 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Did you do the usual troubleshooting steps ? Move out and back in ? Go traveling to see if it comes back ?

Going to add this nevertheless as I've seen others report this at the officials

Seeing as your other issue was mod related, did you test this one as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 35 (24,005 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@crinrict

I'm still researching this one - since the opportunities don't present themselves readily. I'll go back to an old save later in the week if I don't see anything definitive and try to force the issue.

Message 4 of 35 (23,982 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

OK. I feel confident that this is not mod related - unless my game has gotten corrupted.

Got home at 12:30 AM - and had the neighbor banging on the door because my Sim was eating. No music, no singing, nothing else going on. This neighbor disliked my Sim also - but I have not yet had to complain about noise from his apartment.

If this IS by design it seems pretty unequal. Townie Sims cause noise that my Sim can complain about by arguing, loud music, or woo-hooing. I have had the neighbors banging on my door for music, singing, video games, and working out (which makes sense) but also for walking through the lobby, cooking, going to the bathroom, eating, and showering. Really?

Message 5 of 35 (23,970 Views)

Hero

Added for now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 35 (23,953 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice
Today I started to have the same problem. First my Sim was exercising at 22.30 and a neighbor yelled for disturbing silence. Than he was taking a bath at 23.00 and the neighbor have visited my Sim again..., really strange xD I've never used any cc or mods.
Message 7 of 35 (23,819 Views)

Hero

Well, taking a bath can be loud and if you used an exercise machine ...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 35 (23,804 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have this issue to, my sim was eating salad and drinking coffee and my neighbor came pounding on the door.

Then the next night my sim was taking a nap and again got the angry neighbor.Tried with and without mods.

Message 9 of 35 (23,615 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Neighbors complain about noise when there is no noise

★★★ Newbie

I've been having the same issues. My sims is painting or reading when the neighbor comes over constantly complaining about the noise. One time my sim just got home from work and they were there! I tried apologizing or calming down, just makes them angrier. I can't salvage any relationship because of it. I didn't want to be mean but I did evict them hoping it would solve the problem but they just moved in new neighbors, doing the same thing. It bothers me but not as much as the other glitch I'm having. Hopefully its a bug/glitch that can be fixed.

Message 10 of 35 (23,554 Views)