Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CL] Illuminating Pillar does not light up at night

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.65.1020 I have all the pathches
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them as of 02/18/2019
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place the illuminating pillar from city living and see if it lights up inside or at night.
What happens when the bug occurs? The pillar doesn't illuminate the environment, or have an ambient glow. With no other lighting it looks pretty much black.
What do you expect to see? I'm sure the pillar used to look like it was illuminated. I used it in a lot I built over a year ago and have just returned to, I'm sure it acted as a light and glowed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Some time ago I built a lot using the illuminating pillar that came with City Living as a major design feature. I have just recently returned to play the family in this lot and am convinced that something has changed about how the pillars look. I've done a search and can't find any other posts on this issue so wonder if it's something that I've made an error about. But I remember the space having a rather nice sci-fi glow to it and now it looks flat and uninteresting. I removed all the CC and cleared the cache and repaired via origin. I've started a new save and built a test lot using the illuminating pillars and have the same problem, that being that they are not lighting the environment or themselves, as in the image I've included. I have the highest settings for all graphics options and I'm not in laptop mode. Also I'm sure I haven't changed any settings. This is the first time I've posted anything and my sincere apologies is I have made an error in posting etiquette. My thanks for any advice on this issue.

02-18-19_10-58-04 AM.jpg

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 22 (5,844 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Illuminating Pillar does not light up at night

Hero

If there is one main thing you would expect Illuminating Pillars to do, it's illuminate! Well we changed some bulbs, got shocked once or twice, checked the wiring and now they should be good to go.

Fixed in Patch 1.95.207/1.69

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 22 of 22 (1,247 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims 4 city living illuminating pillars not illuminating

Hero (Retired)

@HobNob40 I can confirm that I see this issue in my game as well, and indeed they did light up at night in the past (I used them in several builds).  Will add this to our list.

Message 2 of 22 (5,754 Views)

Re: Sims 4 city living illuminating pillars not illuminating

★★★★ Novice
Thank you very much for looking into this.
Message 3 of 22 (5,734 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CL] Illuminating Pillar does not light up at night

★★★★ Apprentice
I'm still getting this issue in my game. The pillar just doesn't light up at all, and it definitely used to.
Message 4 of 22 (5,397 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CL] Illuminating Pillar does not light up at night

★★ Novice

I have the issue as well. Please solve this. The pillars are amazing when illuminated!

Message 5 of 22 (5,362 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I see this on PS4. I thought it was odd when I moved my sims into an apartment with these pillars and they weren't very illuminating.

Message 6 of 22 (5,158 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I'm on PC and this issue is still a problem and the fact that they don't light up anymore really ruins these pillars. I'm hoping this gets some sort of update soon.

Message 7 of 22 (5,066 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@HobNob40 This is still an unresovled issue, May 2020. I have no mods or Custom Content.
Message 8 of 22 (4,709 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@HobNob40 And I thought it was just me. These definitely did light up in the past.
Message 9 of 22 (4,605 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I've still got this issue - June 2020

Edit By Crinrict: Removed unnecessary spoiler tags.

Message 10 of 22 (4,500 Views)