Re: [OPEN] [CL] Highlighting of new items stuck in Decorations Category

by ilusiek

Original Post

Re: [WORKAROUND] [CL] Highlighting of new items stuck in Decorations Category

★★★★★ Apprentice

As of the latest patch and pack, this is still an issue.

Message 11 of 37 (2,798 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey all of YOu Standard smile   I might found what is wrong -  you need to type testingcheats true, then bb.ingoregameplayunlocksentitlement - and in this category which is highlited - search for the bunch of letters from fans - and change all colours options for that object. For me the highligting disappeared Standard smile

Message 12 of 37 (3,356 Views)

★★ Novice

FINALLY! Thank you so much @ilusiek! I did that and it worked! :D Thank you once again! YEY Wink

Message 13 of 37 (2,650 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Didn't fix it for me, it is still an issue in my game Frown

I tried a brand new TS4 folder and repaired the game, issue persists.

Message 14 of 37 (2,629 Views)

★★ Novice
That worked for me! Thank you! I have OCD and this was driving me nuts! Can't tell you how many times I've uninstalled and reinstalled and repaired ugh!
Message 15 of 37 (2,612 Views)

★★★ Novice

I see exactly why this happened now. The letters are technically two different items. Two of the four recolors are called "Direct From The Fans"  but the other two are "Letters by the pile"

Thank you so much, ilusiek!

Message 16 of 37 (2,559 Views)

★★★ Guide

I tried the fix but it only showed the ghoulish guitar as new addition to my items and the decoration section is still highlighted golden but no items with a star are present.

Message 17 of 37 (2,432 Views)

Hero

Could you try the suggestion just a few posts above yours to try all the color options on that one item.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 37 (2,425 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@crinrict Hello Standard smile

[quote]For anyone who wants to fix this by yourself:

1. Locate your "ReticulatedSplinesView" file in your "The Sims 4" folder (the same place for your mods folder)

2. Open the file with a hex editor (I use HxD which is free)

3. Search for "1D 10 01" and replace them all with "1D 10 04" (datetype is hex-values)

4. Save the file and start your game; the new item highlighting that was previously stuck should be gone[/quote]

Zero Mods / Zero CC (Do not use either)

I started a brand new game with a fresh folder. I intended to follow the instructions above but searched for 1D 10 01 and 1D 10 04 and neither were there. The coding may have changes but the Clutter category still shows highlighted as having "new" items. 

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 19 of 37 (2,412 Views)

Hero

I've accepted a different post as solution now that seems to work for this particular issue

Try that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 37 (2,404 Views)