Missing Objects?!

by 0dclareb0

Original Post

Disappearing tv and computers sims 4

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, get together, get to work, parenthood, dine out, backyard stuff, kids room stuff, toddler stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am unsure how to make this happen
What happens when the bug occurs? After I go to anywhere that isn’t my sims home lot, Their tv, dining chairs, computers, barstools, espresso machines, microwave and other small clutter items go missing and theirs nothing in place of them that prevents me from putting it all back but it’s a waste of their household funds
What do you expect to see? My stuff should stop disapearing whenever they leave their home lot
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I don’t know what could be causing it at first it honestly seemed like there was an update to allow robberies cuz I noticed the computers, TVs and kitchen appliances gone first but there wasn’t anything to verify that I just really don’t want to have to keep replacing their things
Message 21 of 100 (3,368 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [CL] Furniture disappears from apartment after editing in manage wo

★ Pro

I read about this on Twitter so I decided to just start a new save. Moved new sim into the former factory lot on the wharf in BB. I decided to redo the kitchen area where there is an island. There was a fruit bowl on the island. As soon as I moved one of the counter island pieces the fruit bowl disappeared. Also,  I noticed that "undo" didn't work to even to move the counter back. This is one of the pre-made houses so I assume no cheats were used to make it. 

Message 22 of 100 (3,473 Views)

Re: Disappearing tv and computers sims 4

[ Edited ]
Hero

Is your Sim living in an apartment or a house ?

@LilyFullbuster

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 100 (3,327 Views)

★★ Novice

So far it seems to be only with city life small apartments for me. Shame I usually ignore the city but was enjoying redoing the apartment.

Message 24 of 100 (3,409 Views)

Missing Objects?!

★★★ Novice
I just went into to manage worlds to check on my other sims because I’m playing a very story based game. I do not use CC, never have.

I come back to my main sim’s apartment and I’m missing these objects;

Computer, computer chair, dining chair, TV, dryer machine, sink, pet bowl.

Why? How can I fix it apart from buying the stuff again. I hate cheating in money.
Message 25 of 100 (3,367 Views)

Re: Missing Objects?!

Hero
@0dclareb0 It's a known issue. Merged your post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 100 (3,366 Views)

Re: Missing Objects?!

★★★★ Pro

In my game it happens only after travelling between apartments or editing apartments of non-played households via Manage Worlds. Houses are not affected and travelling from houses to apartments seems to be fine, too.

Message 27 of 100 (3,288 Views)

★★ Novice

HELPPPPP!!!!! THE SAME THING IS HAPPENING TO ME!

Message 28 of 100 (3,271 Views)

my things keep disappearing

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dogs, City living, Get together, Go to work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day, Vintage glamour , Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When a sim visits another sims household, and they comeback to their own then most things are reset.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you come back from visiting another household, all your electronics ( computer, tv), all of your chairs ( including barstools), all of your small decorations are suddenly gone. Also if you dont put save and leave then come back to the house it still stays the same, as if you had saved. Also the just vanish and do not give you any money for them
What do you expect to see? I expect for all of my all of my bought things to be there when I come back to my house. This is wasting money.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated the game and then this started happening.

This makes me very mad, because these problems started happening after I updated the game. Is this some kind of robbery type of thing, or is it the update which just screwed my game? This is ultimately just a waste of money and it is very annoying for all the objects to disappear. 

Message 29 of 100 (3,275 Views)

Re: my things keep disappearing

Hero

@cd2504 merged your posts.

@LilyFullbuster merged yours as well but still looking for verification that you're also playing in an apartment.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 100 (3,267 Views)