Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CL] Furniture disappears from apartment

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ll game packs, all expansion packs, don't have kids room stuff, laundry luxury party, backyard, or toddler stuff Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You're asking me?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? How am I supposed to know? come over and play the game yourself maybe.
What happens when the bug occurs? After I downloaded the latest update (1.41.38.1020) when I load my apartments all their belongings are there accounted for. When I visit any other apartment all furniture is mission; dining chairs, table and desk electronics, small appliances, table/counter decorations, and counter sinks. I tried taking out all my Mods CC deleting cache files, tried a brand new save, removed my documents sims 4 let the game create a new one and game repair, always got the same results. replacing the furniture only disappeared after I left and returned to apartment.
What do you expect to see? would expect to see all apartment materials in the apartments the way they were last left.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. updated to to 1.41.38.1020

T‌ext

Message 1 of 100 (34,614 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Furniture disappears from apartment

Hero

• If you lost things when switching a household in an apartment in the same building, we blame naughty gremlins in the machine… It won’t happen again.

Fixed in Patch 1.41.42

If you saved the game with the furniture gone, you will probably need to rebuy any already lost items but they should not disappear any longer afterwards.

Let me know if you still see issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 83 of 100 (32,558 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] [CL] Furniture disappears from apartment after traveling

Hero
Does this only happen in apartments or also for houses ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 100 (34,420 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi Crinrict

This is a SERIOUS BUG! I have had this too. Tested lots of times with no CC. So far only apartments this affects.

To test:

1. Start new game with CC/mods turned off

2. Go to manage worlds and go into build mode of any apartment in san Myshuno.

3. You will see everythijng is normal. Go back to manage worlds.

4. Now if you select the SAME APARTMENT BUILDING, you will see ugly grey floors/outlines surrounding outside of the building, like in the picture attatched. It was not there before you entered build mode for that building! 

5. Now identify another apartment in the same building, make a note of where its chairs are. Go into build mode of this apartment, and you will find that all chairs, countertop sinks, tabletop objects have all vanished! 

6. Go back to manage worlds and select another apartment from the same building - also no chairs or countertop objects!

I have tested this again and again, same result everytime. Its destroying my save!

Message 3 of 100 (34,368 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is happening in my current house in Brindleton Bay.  A shower disappeared, then a toilet, then a door.  There are possibly other things missing but I haven't spotted them yet.

Message 4 of 100 (34,357 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@LuciferVArtist and @Jupeycat Did you guys go into build mode from manage household ?

I have tried this on my own game and so far wasn't able to duplicate. I'll do some more testing.

OK. NVM. I see it with the steps provided by @simmytime

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 100 (34,345 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Thanks for the testing Crin. Always appreciated! Standard smile

We will give it a look on our end.

Thank you all for the feedback! 

Message 6 of 100 (34,334 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Did some more testing and I can make it happen with the steps provided but only if I go to build mode from Manage world from two different apartments or go to build mode in one apartment and then to live mode in another.

@simmytime have you been able to get it to happen with going to build mode from live mode ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 100 (34,319 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
These steps trigger the issue for me

1. Start a new save
2. Create a Sim and move them into an apartment
3. Switch to a different household in the same apartment building
4. Notice chairs and countertops gone.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 100 (34,241 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi Crinrict

I tested some more and I confirm I can also make this happen if you go into build mode from live mode also. 

To test:

1. start new game with no cc

2. load into any san myshuno household for the first time. All will be normal. Enter build mode and out again.

3. Go to manage worlds and create a household to move in as your neighbor.

4. Leave manage worlds and reload your original household.

5. Visit your neighbour's apartment and be let in.

6. In your neigbor's apartment you will see no chairs, countertop sinks or tabletop objects!

7. Go back to your own apartment and you will also have lost chairs, sinks etc.

Frown 

Message 9 of 100 (34,233 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I just replicated it like this

1. Start a new save (no mods/cc)
2. Create a Sim and move them into an apartment
3. Visit your neigherbor
4. They have no chairs and stuff.

5. Go home and loose your own.

This bug is so much fun Frown

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 100 (34,215 Views)