Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CL] Food Critics NEVER Like the Food and Drink That They Review

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim join the Food Critic career and have them review food and drinks.
What happens when the bug occurs? For some reason, my Food Critic Sims NEVER like the food and drink that they review. They always get an uncomfortable moodlet from the food or drink when they review it, but strangely get a positive moodlet when they aren't reviewing it.
What do you expect to see? I would expect Food Critic Sims to have about a 50/50 chance of liking or not liking their food or drinks, but instead, they dislike EVERYTHING that they review.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I figured I'd repost this issue because of the changes to the bug report forum. Anyways, I've noticed an odd trend with my Food Critic Sims. For some reason, they absolutely NEVER like the food and drink that they review. It ALWAYS gives them an uncomfortable moodlet. At first, I didn't think anything of this. They're paid to criticize, after all. But then I played as an Art Critic Sim, and I did not see the same thing happening with her. She always seemed to have about a 50/50 chance of liking or disliking the street performances that she reviewed. Because of this, I've come to the conclusion that the Food Critic career is probably bugged. Unfortunately, the original save in which this first started occurring is long-gone, but I do still have some more information on the issue:

- This occurs at every type of lot that serves food, be it a food stall, a bar, a lounge, a nightclub, or a restaurant.

- Yes, the Food Critics dislike the food and drink even if it is excellent quality. For example, bar, lounge, and nightclub drinks, which are usually excellent quality.

- When they aren't reviewing food or drink, they always get a positive moodlet from it, which makes it even stranger that they would suddenly dislike everything when reviewing.

- At food stalls, the food and drink quality is usually normal, but they still always dislike it. I wouldn't say that normal is inherently bad. In this case, I definitely would at least expect a 50/50 chance for a good or bad response.

Message 9 of 15 (2,035 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Food Critic Sims Never Like Food and Drink They Review

★★★ Guide

@crinrict

Fixed by today's patch!

View in thread

Message 14 of 15 (2,193 Views)

All Replies

[OPEN] [CL] Food Critic Sims Never Like Food and Drink They Review

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I've been noticing an odd trend with my food critic Sim, that being that she literally never likes the food and drink that she reviews. She always gets an uncomfortable moodlet for bad food or drink when she reviews it. At first, I was willing to just brush this off. She's a critic, you know? She's paid to criticize. But then I started playing an art critic Sim. With my art critic Sim, I noticed that she seemed to have about a 50/50 chance of liking the performances she reviewed and getting a positive moodlet from them. This is leading me to think that maybe the food critic career is bugged.

This issue persists even without mods and CC.

Message 1 of 15 (2,417 Views)

Hero

What quality does the food have she eats ? Where do you review ? Restaurants ? Or the stalls ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (2,381 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@crinrict It's occurring at all locations. Stalls, bars, and restaurants. It's almost always normal quality, except for bar drinks, which are excellent (and even then she still hates it). You know, that actually brings me to another thing. Even when adding the Chef's Kitchen and/or Homey lot trait to a restaurant, the food and drinks almost always comes out normal quality. Still, the food and drink is never "okay" or "poor." I would expect a "no opinion" response, but she always outright hates the food and drink. I guess I should also mention that she is not a Foodie or Glutton. Even more strangely, when she isn't reviewing the food of drink, just having it casually, she gets a positive moodlet from it. She only hates it when she's reviewing it.

Possible new issue for the lot trait issue and restaurant issue threads?

Message 3 of 15 (2,380 Views)

Hero

Feel free to add the other issue to the lot trait collection thread.

I'll add this one. Sounds off.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (2,350 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@Lorraine-Simmer Which types of Venues is she reviewing when this occurs? Would you be happy to provide a save file as per the instructions here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

Message 5 of 15 (2,337 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Food Critic Sims Never Like Food and Drink They Review

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (2,266 Views)

★★★ Guide

@IrishMadCat_EA

First of all, I apologize for the delayed response. I actually completely forgot that I had made this thread. As such, unfortunately, the original save with the food critic mentioned in the first post has been long-gone by now. I can answer your question, though. This happened at every venue I would have her review food and drink at, be it a stall, restaurant, or bar.

Message 7 of 15 (2,179 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@Lorraine-Simmer Thank you for the extra information. 

Message 8 of 15 (2,163 Views)

Hero

Thanks @Lorraine-Simmer for the new thread.

I've merged with the old.

Someone here pointed out, that you can actually just edit out the first post of old threads if you are the OP.

So I've adjusted the instructions a bit

• If the old thread didn't use the bug template and you are the OP of the original thread, please edit the first post of the old thread and fill in all the fields (you must also enter a comment in the box in order to be able to post). Also bump it so I can re-add.

Thanks for all the reporting

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 15 (2,021 Views)