Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CL] Festivals invites occurring in the wrong lot

[ Edited ]
Hero

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.75
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Wait for an invite to a festival from an NPC and accept it.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sims are taken to a residential lot with no festival instead
What do you expect to see? To be taken to the festival.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Started with Patch 1.51.75

n/a

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 27 (2,157 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [CL] Festivals invites occurring in the wrong lot

[ Edited ]
Hero

Fixed an issue where NPC invites to festivals or to residences were sending Sims to an incorrect destination.
There is still a lingering issue regarding invites to events in Get Famous, such as the talent showcase, and celebrity sightings. We are continuing to investigate those for a future update.

Fixed in Patch 1.51.77

Please be aware that Get Famous invites still have issues.

If anyone experiencing them, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 23 of 27 (2,229 Views)

All Replies

Re: BUG: NPC events arriving at wrong venues

★ Guide

This is not fixed. Before the patch, I removed all my mods and backed up my saves. I started a brand new save with a brand new household from CAS. GeekCon came around, and Brant Hecking invited my freelancer work-from-home mom to go. I selected to bring along the toddler, and it it loaded them all in front of Ragdoll Refurb in Brindleton Bay, a residential lot.

Message 1 of 27 (2,298 Views)

Re: [FIXED] NPC invites occur on wrong lot

★★★★ Guide
It's half-fixed for me. If an NPC invites me out on a date or such outing, it's working fine again. However, if the NPC invites me out to a festival (any of them), it will take both sims to a random residential lot. It's happened 100% of the time so far. This may annoy me worse than the other glitch, as I can't do festivals with others (which I still personally really like for storytelling purposes). Oh, and this happened in a save w/o mods. It is a pre-made save from another simmer (the worlds rebuilt/new townies) but I saved it as a new save for my own gameplay.
Message 2 of 27 (2,248 Views)

Re: Sims inviting other sims to eat out at their house

★★★★ Guide
This sounds similar (though not quite) to what I experienced in my gameplay today after installing the April 16th patch. Whenever my sim was invited out to a festival, both sims would wind up at a random residential lot. Haven't noticed it with dates, though. Those went okay for my sim.
Message 3 of 27 (2,239 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have this issue since the update today, (April). I was invited to the romance festival by a npc and ended up in willow creek from windenburg.

this has never happened to me before

Message 4 of 27 (2,236 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

My issue occurred on a vanilla, new save (no mods or CC and all New save generated houses and homes except 2 in windenburg where I built on empty lots from scratch)

1. the message is an invite to the romance festival. I end up at willow creek in front of Crick cabana where I don't have anyone living 
  2. I go from my Rag to riches home (just a tent and plants) in windenburg to the front of Crick Cabana
  3. they are a normal female young adult 
  4.  yes fesitval invite was for the romance festival

Hope that helps @crinrict  

Akira-Star

Message 5 of 27 (2,145 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Yes, thanks.

@bookmaster325  @gardenlobster  @LolaLetsPlayer 

I moved your posts over to the new festival invite thread.

Could you please all press the me too button on this one as well.

Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 27 (2,142 Views)

Champion

Yes, this happened to me for the first time today!  I don't play with any CC or Mods, and it was a brand new Save Game file.   It happened to my Freelancer.  Her friend and next door neighbor,  Caterina Lynx, asked her out to the Talent Show event that comes with Get Famous... instead of the normal bar/lounge area that my Sims have gone to for this event in the past, she said it was at the Old Salt House (which came from City Living) ! Raised eyebrow  Knowing that was a residential place, I was curious and had her accept the invitation. Large smile We did indeed end up at the Old Salt House, but we couldn't go inside --- we were just standing out in front of it.  Of course there was no event there.  I've never had this happen in my game before, but I don't accept most of these invites either; just sometimes. Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 27 (2,055 Views)

★ Pro
Message 9 of 27 (2,023 Views)

Hero
I don't know at this point but keeping them separate for now cause one is an invite for a festival, the other for dinner. The dinner gives the wrong lot in the the invitation.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 27 (2,021 Views)