[FIXED] [CL] Festivals invites occurring in the wrong lot

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [CL] Festivals invites occurring in the wrong lot

★★★★★ Apprentice
  • What's the message you're getting ? Is the invitation to the same lot you end up on or is it a different one ?

The message is for an invitation to a festival, a date or an event at some club or something like the bluffs or the mansion in Windenburg (for example), it depends.

• What kind of lot type do you end up ?

Generally a residential lot but not always, I've seen the bluffs once or twice and the central plaza in Selvadorada.

• Is your Sim a Vampire/Alien or a 'normal' Sim ?

Vampire.

• Are they festival invites or all ?

All but not always. I'd say 7 out of 10 the "event" will be at some random place.

Sorry Crin, didn't know where to post that Embarrassed

Message 11 of 27 (1,052 Views)

Re: [OPEN] NPC invites occur on wrong lot

★★★★ Apprentice

I am having this issue as well. Miko invited my sim to romance festival to drink sakura tea and we ended up at Bailey Moon Manor and the top left event bar/tag/date event is removed.

Message 12 of 27 (1,046 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@GengarUsedLick 

All good here ... it's probably all the same issue anyways but for now, I wanna be on the safe side so EA knows there's different scenarios.

@rhah01 

Moved yours over to the festival one. It's a bit confusing, I know :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 27 (1,045 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

thank you again lol, I noticed right after I posted but i didn't know how to move. The bugs reports were top 2 so easy to see at that point.

Message 14 of 27 (1,032 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm having this issue as well since the new patch. For all festival invites it persistently sends my sims to a random residential lot, sometimes even empty (but still set to residential) lots. When invited on dates or to parties I've so far been taken to the correct lot (club, lounge, restaurants, and such) on every occasion.

Only way to go to a festival at this point is to refuse the invites, then go there manually and bring whoever you wanted to go there with.

Before the patch all festival invites worked properly and only date invites would occasionally go to the wrong lot, but always a restaurant or other hangout.

Message 15 of 27 (1,026 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

For me, I was invited to the spice festival, I accepted but the loading screen never came and I remained in my home with the social event activity active in the corner. Since the game thought I was at the festival, i couldn't drive anywhere unless I ended the event early. 

Message 16 of 27 (985 Views)

Re: [FIXED] NPC invites occur on wrong lot

★★★★ Guide
Yes, Crin, I hit the MeToo. :D

SimGuru Nick has confirmed on Twitter that they're seeing this issue as well.
https://twitter.com/SimGuruNick/status/1118900250117201920
Message 17 of 27 (945 Views)

★★★ Novice

I wasn't having problems with this one until the April 16th 2019 patch. I was invited to the romance festival by another sim and loaded up on a lot in willow creek!

Product
: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.75
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Wait for an invite to a festival from an NPC and accept it.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sims are taken to a residential lot with no festival instead
What do you expect to see? To be taken to the festival.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the April 16 2019 patch

Message 18 of 27 (923 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I just experienced this bug today on an unmodded, new, post-patch test save. The sim I used had only one friend, Erwin the curio shop owner, and he invited him to do activities at GeekCon, which my sim was already at. When I accepted, it went to a loading screen and took my sims and Erwin to an empty lot in Oasis Springs. -_-
Message 19 of 27 (895 Views)

Issue with outings since new patch (April 16th)

★★ Novice

Since the patch update, if a non-played sim asks my sim somewhere (to their house, to a festival, etc.) they get taken to a random location (e.g. got asked to the Hijinks Festival by Leslie Holland, and ended up at Brent/Brant Hacking's house and Leslie immediately disappeared off the lot. Also got asked to visit George Cahill's house, ended up at The Shrieking Llama, George wasn't there).

So far this has happened for every outing I've accepted. It does tell you where you're going to end up when you choose to accept the outing but it doesn't match what the non-played sim is inviting you to.

Message 20 of 27 (877 Views)