[FIXED] [CL] Festival objects spawning into each other and being stuck

by paradiseplanet27

Original Post

Festival Bug

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, pets, city living. Get together, dine out, toddler stuff, laundry day, vampires, vintage glamour, All available expansions
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ???
What happens when the bug occurs? Festival begins, doesn’t go away, other objects overlap
What do you expect to see? It to be fixed. Festival should despair.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed vintage glamour.

I found old threads regarding this - but this is becoming a huge headache for me and I’m not finding any updated threads so forgive me if this needs to be moved and I will post to the appropriate thread.

after installing vintage glamour, I began a new family in city living - originally in the spice district, where they attended the hijinks festival the next day in arts district. I stayed until the festival ended but did not wait until objects despawned (which I’m figuring out is part of the issue, although ridiculous). So. I left, and did not return to the arts district until I moved my family there - and discovered the hijinks festival did not go away. It’s been two sim weeks and I have not gotten another alert for another hijinks festival. Now random objects from what appears to be the romance festival are there but there’s never been a romance festival in the arts district. It’s always in the spice district. 

I have repaired my game and cleared my cache, and nothing is fixing this. I really do not want to move my sims to a different apartment or neighborhood. I’ve heard that I have to stay until objects despawn during the next hijinks festival but when is that? This is honestly a game breaking bug for me. Why has this bug been occurring for what seems like over two years with no fix?

Message 51 of 101 (3,939 Views)

Re: Festival Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-Festival-objects-spawning-into-each-other-and-being/td...

There's the current topic about it. The most recent post was last Sunday.

UPDATE: Thanks to whoever merged this. Standard smile

Message 52 of 101 (3,909 Views)

Re: Festival Bug

★★★★★ Apprentice
Me too. The romance festival reset at the end of the festival but Geek Con remains. I've repaired the game. I have almost all the expansions and no mods.
Message 53 of 101 (3,840 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Festival objects spawning into each other and being stuck

★★ Guide

Since installing Seasons, I have this exact same issue: The Eternal Geek Festival with overlapping objects. Also, never-ending rain so all the electronics are fried. 

Message 54 of 101 (3,802 Views)

[CL] Spice Market objects not correctly despawning

★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Vampires and Bowling Night Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visiting the Spice Market Neighborhood Lot
What happens when the bug occurs? Items from the Spice Festival do not despawn. New items spawn on top of other items. Food does not go away and spoils.
What do you expect to see? Lot should be arranged for either the spice festival or other normal playing without error when loaded.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Began happening immediately following patch: UPDATE: 06/19/2018 - PC 1.44.77.1020 Did not occur before installing this patch.

I am having an issue with objects spawning into each other and not despawning at the end of events. It is the same as the one that is labeled as fixed as of patch 1.36, but began in my game immediately after installing patch 1.44.06-28-18_6-03-40 PM.png

Message 55 of 101 (3,784 Views)

Furniture from Flea Market & Spice Festival Overlapping During Seasons Event

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all packs and expansions
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create Sim Family: 1 Young Adult Sim, 1 Child Sim, 1 Toddler Sim, 2 Kittens aged up to adults, 2 kittens offspring of 1 of the adult cats, an additional 2 Kittens were placed for adoption. Do not travel to the Flea Market Festival when game spawns notification. After game generates the Night on the Town event (not user created) and you receive notification that the Spice Market Festival is available, travel to the Spice Market.
What happens when the bug occurs? 2 Festival items overlap. Flea Market Festival items are still on lot (chairs, couches, display tables, etc., Spice Market Festival items are overlapping the regular spice market layout (with the tables, chairs, carry stages, etc.) Unable to act with various vendors (i.e., swag/spice vendor), some of the vendor stalls are overlapping and not accessible. NPC's can't access their respective stall to sell items.
What do you expect to see? Expected to see a lot that spawned without items overlapping, ability to interact with all NPC vendors to purchase food, spices or swag, no left over (remaining) items (furniture, etc) from a previous Festival. Was able to purchase food without cost ($0) and harvest the few plants that had spawned, but was not able to access all of the NPC vendors because of irregular furniture placement.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

SOLUTION THAT HELPED ME GET THIS CLEARED UP.  (In case you may have missed earlier solutions)

Solution:  I had to wait until I got the Notification (for either the Spice or Flea Market) that the festival had started.  I attended whichever festival was in progress, waited until it was over and then continued to wait until ALL of that particular festival's items had despawned.  This was necessary for both the Spice Festival and the Flea Market.  It didn't matter which festival spawned first or what time I got there just as long as I waited until it was announced that the festival had ended and watched as ALL of the items despawned for that particular festival.  There were still items visual from the previous Festival which meant I had to wait another week or so before it started. I continued to play and save my game as normal.  Once the Flea Market festival was over, and everything despawned, I had the original, uncluttered lot back.   

I did notice that the items can sometimes take over 1-Sim hour after the festival ends before it will completely despawn all festival items. In both instances, I did not leave the festival lots until all of the items were completely cleared and all of festival NPC's had left the area (1 vendor lady was slow to leave and 1 table took forever to disappear).  Also in my game, I had renovated the Karaoke Bar and do have a toddler.  One last thing, I had returned my Mods to the game which did not stop any of the festival items from despawning (disappearing).

Guess I need to be more patient and not expect to "run in and run out" of a festival once all goals are completed or just to pick up some spices/swag,

Message 56 of 101 (3,792 Views)

Re: Furniture from Flea Market & Spice Festival Overlapping During Seasons E

Hero

HI @soft_locs

merged your post with existing thread on the matter.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 57 of 101 (3,747 Views)

Re: Furniture from Flea Market & Spice Festival Overlapping During Seasons E

★★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue but when I went to the spice festival (which also included the flea market) I stayed till 6am and it still didn't go away. Now even the every day vendors are overlapping. Is there a way to fix this? 

Message 58 of 101 (3,650 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Festival objects spawning into each other and being stuck

★★ Novice

This screenshot is exactly what my game looks like ALL THE TIME. I get the in game notification that the Romance festival is happening, take my currant household there and bam - it looks like this. I've also encountered the bug where normal city furniture spawns over other furniture and vendors stalls. 

Message 59 of 101 (3,591 Views)

Re: [CL] Festival objects spawning into each other and being stuck...again

★ Novice

I am also having the issue of my festivals not cleaning themselves up. The first time I have seen the festivals behaving as they should was after the installation of Seasons, but it is now acting up again. When will this be fixed, as it makes it incredibly hard to play the game and record my YouTube gameplays as I would like. I have a 2018 Macbook Air with the latest updates as well as the latest updates to the game and use no mods. I also have all packs, expansions, etc for the Sims 4 ever released.

Message 60 of 101 (3,548 Views)