Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CL] Festival objects spawning into each other and being stuck

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs, Vampires, Vintage Glamor, Spooky, Holiday, Grim's Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? visit any festival area in San Myshuno
What happens when the bug occurs? festival areas are merging together when it should have been fixed in the November 9 patch
What do you expect to see? Festival areas to load and unload after they're over as it once did
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I know for sure this happened after installing Cats and Dogs EP

I know they said they did fix this issue before C/D, but it seems to have broken yet again when I got the new EP installed: so far I've noticed that the Romance Festival in the city won't unload after it's already been long over. I noticed this significantly when GeekCon came over one day and I visited the festival, and since both festivals happen in the same neighborhood they overlapped each other. GeekCon of course did unload after it was over but not the Romance Festival before it. This only started appearing for me after the patch that was supposed to fix this issue, rather the C/D pack placed this problem back in (even though I've never had this problem until now) or the patch that was supposed to fix this issue only placed the issue into my game. I've also tested this in the other neighborhood where the Spice Festival and Flea Market happen and they also do overlap, this time the Spice Festival is stuck there. I've never had mods or cc installed and have repaired the game many times recently. I also know that I never had this problem with the festivals in my game until after I installed Cats and Dogs, ironically putting this known issue back in and onto my game when I once again did not have the issue myself.

Message 1 of 101 (6,094 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Festival objects spawning into each other and being stuck

[ Edited ]
Hero

Fixed an issue where objects from multiple festivals were appearing on top of each other in the neighborhood simultaneously.

Fixed in Patch 1.51.75

Yet again ... 

I don't know at this point if already bugged festivals will resolve themselves.

And seems it's still happening. We have a new thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-CL-Overlapping-festivals/m-p/7811392

New thread is mostly for an accurate me too count so please use the new thread.

I'm locking this one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 98 of 101 (3,810 Views)

All Replies

Re: [CL] Festival objects spawning into each other and being stuck...again

Hero

@paradiseplanet27 is this a new save you started after c&d or an older one ? Does it also occur on a new save (for testing purposes)

If you can reproducibly make it happen on that save, would you be willing to share your save with QA ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 101 (5,988 Views)

Hero

Nudge above bookmark

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 101 (5,979 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@paradiseplanet27 wrote:

I also know that I never had this problem with the festivals in my game until after I installed Cats and Dogs, ironically putting this known issue back in and onto my game when I once again did not have the issue myself.

Long-time lurker here. Standard smile This is a probably a shot in the dark, but could it be that the code in the "Cats and Dogs" addon may be OLDER (as of whenever it went Gold) than the patch itself, causing a regression? Wondering   (I don't have "Cats and Dogs" [yet], BTW.)

Message 4 of 101 (5,969 Views)

★★★★ Guide

this is on my first game save when I first started playing the game. Back then I had no issues with festivals merging into each other when I first installed City Living and I didn't encounter the issue until after I installed Cats & Dogs. I'm currently playtesting a brand new save to test if the festivals still merge there but it will take some time to wait on the festivals but if the problem persists there too I'd be willing to share my save.

Message 5 of 101 (5,943 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@paradiseplanet27 wrote:

this is on my first game save when I first started playing the game. Back then I had no issues with festivals merging into each other when I first installed City Living and I didn't encounter the issue until after I installed Cats & Dogs. I'm currently playtesting a brand new save to test if the festivals still merge there but it will take some time to wait on the festivals but if the problem persists there too I'd be willing to share my save.

I see. Hopefully this can be quashed again. Standard smile (I've never had the bug, but I followed the workaround advice.)

Message 6 of 101 (5,936 Views)

Hero

Added this back for now but haven't seen a lot of reports or can reproduce

@paradiseplanet27 Do you have a save where it reproducibly happens ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 101 (5,897 Views)

★★★★ Guide

From what I've seen it's appeared on my first ever game save, the one where I have Cats & Dogs already downloaded and not on older saves where the EP hadn't existed in my game. I did finally encounter someone on the Sims forums that has the same exact issue but can't direct them to this report; perhaps you can?

Message 8 of 101 (5,874 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@paradiseplanet27 wrote:

From what I've seen it's appeared on my first ever game save, the one where I have Cats & Dogs already downloaded and not on older saves where the EP hadn't existed in my game. I did finally encounter someone on the Sims forums that has the same exact issue but can't direct them to this report; perhaps you can?

Really? Interesting...why can't you direct them here? Not enough posts?

ADDENUM: Also, how exactly are older saves unaffected?

Message 9 of 101 (5,871 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Not enough posts yes

And for the unaffected saves, it's really a matter of pure speculation on my end: before the new EP was downloaded into my game (since I preordered), I made two copies of my first save game, one before the new expansion was downloaded and one made after. The old copy of my first game is updated to just after the Nov 9 patch and I have not entered it since, hence the speculation. I do have two other saves apart from those two, but one is the test save used for testing this issue and another is an old save also from before Cats & Dogs; I can also test those saves too not to leave out any conclusions.

Message 10 of 101 (5,856 Views)