Re: Broken Fashion District in San Myshuno

by cyclelegs

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

Prevention:

Do Not edit (build mode) San Myshuno apartments from the map screen.

Always enter build mode from the live mode by playing an occupant.

For Common Buildings, visit with a family and enter build mode then.

Use MOO (bb.moveobjects) with caution if a festival is playing.

- Don't go from build to live mode or make a save whilst both MOO and a festival are active.

- So don't edit an apartment adjacent to a festival and leave MOO activated when you go back to live mode.

Always stay to the end of the festival and stop using the festival stuff when it is being cleared.  Go nap on a bench or something.

-  This appears less critical after many patches that have promised to solve the issue.

Cure:

Abandoned stuff is cleared overnight.  The only way I have found to clear the extra spawnings is to wait.  This can take several days.

-  Do not edit any San Myshuno lots during this time or the extra spawnings will not clear.

Theory goes that one set of extra stuff is cleared each night.

Message 91 of 101 (1,212 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm sorry, but while that seems like an interesting solution, it is way too complex to remember every time you're in SM. 

I personally don't keep track of when there is or isn't a festival. I just follow the notifications for them. 

And most of the time, I think players will want to be able to use locked items in build mode, which would not be available if you had to move in a Sim first. 

Message 92 of 101 (1,208 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @belpita I totally agree with you.  The solution is for EA to fix the bug.  I just offer some suggestions to help keep the communal areas working whilst waiting for a fix.  I have been waiting a long, long time.  I really enjoy visiting the festivals and I frequently eat at the food stalls when the festivals are not on.  So, to me it is worthwhile keeping the areas working.  I solve the locked item point by building in a separate save, uploading the building to my Gallery and then downloading a the new building from there in my live game.  It is a real pain in the joints to have to go through that rigmarole.   

Message 93 of 101 (1,203 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @cyclelegs @belpita @Murlunii @sleekoduck87 

We are able to see this issue occurring in certain scenarios, but would like to collect more saves in order to see if other scenarios are affected.  If any of you have saves from before the issue occurred, would you be willing to share them?  

If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Also, any information that you can provide regarding what you did in the game before the issue occurred may be helpful.

Thank you.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 94 of 101 (1,192 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm sorry, are you actually asking for saves from before November 2017? That's probably going to be a bit of a stretch for most players.
This issue has been going on "forever". I can vaguely remember it started occurring fairly shortly after a patch post-SM release, probably late 2017. The solution at that time was to stay until the festival ended, which was perhaps not always practical, but usually didn't interfere too much with gameplay if you planned ahead. 

This glitch/error has obviously not been addressed in any subsequent patch, so with the introduction of Seasons it has gotten even worse. 

Now festivals like GeekCon aren't even playable anymore, if it happens to be raining (or snowing?), because all the equipment breaks. This means that the festival spawns but never ends, so that when the Romance festival comes along everything overlaps and nothing works. 

(For me, the GeekCon will stay until the weather is sunny again, which can mean 2-3 cycles.) 

Message 95 of 101 (1,176 Views)

★ Apprentice

I would love to help out, but I don't go to the festivals a lot. I only discovered it yesterday, so I don't know if I have any saves from before the issue accured. I can send you all my saves if you want, but I don't know which ones have the problem (if not all of them).

I also don't know if I did anything in the game that made this issue accur. Sorry, I'm not really helpful..

Message 96 of 101 (1,168 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Festival objects spawning into each other and being stuck

★★★ Apprentice

I have this bug in my game as well, several festival objects (including plants) are affected. I also have a bug that causes skating rinks and seasonal stalls to overlap each other. Here's my save...

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai4xM8axS0Koc8ETj1QWZXWGTjQ

Message 97 of 101 (1,082 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Fixed an issue where objects from multiple festivals were appearing on top of each other in the neighborhood simultaneously.

Fixed in Patch 1.51.75

Yet again ... 

I don't know at this point if already bugged festivals will resolve themselves.

And seems it's still happening. We have a new thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-CL-Overlapping-festivals/m-p/7811392

New thread is mostly for an accurate me too count so please use the new thread.

I'm locking this one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 98 of 101 (3,959 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

The Romance Festival objects are still there.

I don't know if I must wait for the next festival to see them disappear, the patch note didn't tell it.

16-04-2019_21-47-51.png

Message 99 of 101 (1,026 Views)

Hero

I would play a while and then report back what happens. At least to the new festival. It's also possible that affected saves will be bugged no matter what.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 100 of 101 (1,019 Views)