Re: [CL] Festival objects spawning into each other and being stuck...again

by ImSands

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Festival objects spawning into each other and being stuck

★★ Guide

I too noticed this. I just moved my current household into the Spire Apartments in Uptown and noticed this train wreck... I wasn't aware this was an issue that was really old that they fixed and came back. This is my first time seeing it. 

Message 71 of 101 (1,328 Views)

★★ Pro

I'm not sure why, but Uptown is particularly bad about this bug. I've sent a Sim to the gym there and had this bug happen, even if I've never loaded into any lot in Uptown before.

Message 72 of 101 (1,303 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Throwing a me too in here.  I just had this happen.  What I did was edit the lot through Manage Worlds first (18 Culpepper House) then I moved 2 sims in & the bug occured (the Spice Festival wasn't suppose to be there since it was Monday).  I didn't save it, went to sleep, when I got back up, then I read on here that editing a lot in Manage World instead of  Live Mode will make this bug happen & so then I moved the 2 sims in first in 18 Culpepper House, then I edited the lot, & everything is fine.  I never knew about this & never had it happen before.  Know I know not to edit a lot in San Myshuno through Manage Worlds & if I have a sim attend a festival, stay till it ends.  The only festival my sims have ever attended is the Spice Festival & they all have stayed till it's over.

Message 73 of 101 (1,265 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have a stuck festval (not sure which one it is) and a stuck flee market as well in the spice district. Objects are jutting into food stands as well.  I hope they fix this with the next patch. I haven’t had the chance explore the festivals much.

Message 74 of 101 (1,233 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have had the same problems with festivals spawning over other objects. I constantly have to back up my saves and go back to old ones when it happens to start my game over again. 

Message 75 of 101 (1,162 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Fo me, this started happening after I installed Seasons. Yes, I do use mods, but I have the issues even if I remove my Mods folder. I've noticed it most with the Romance and GeekCon Festivals. The objects overlap each other.

Message 76 of 101 (1,108 Views)

Festivals won't go away.

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except parenthood, and for stuffpacks I only have vintage glamour.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know? It's only happening to me.
What happens when the bug occurs? The festival starts and never despawns even past the closing time. Objects still stay. This happened for Spice and Geek so far. I have CC, yes. I recently cleared out a lot of CC and downloaded some new stuff and still use the same script mods as I've had before. However this is the only time that it's doing it. It never happened when using CC or mods before.
What do you expect to see? Well I expect to see them disappearing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 77 of 101 (1,126 Views)

Re: Festivals won't go away.

Could you test and see if you have this issue as well if you take your mods folder out?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 78 of 101 (1,119 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @dandysprout

I have merged your post with the thread where we are currently tracking this issue. 

Thank you for your report.

Also, if someone is experiecing this issue in a mod/cc free save, can you please sent it our way? You can find instructions here.

Thank you! Standard smile

Message 79 of 101 (1,068 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This has been going on for ages. Why is there still no fix for it?

In a recent playthrough I had the Geek festival stuck for 2 appearances, despite staying until it was suppose to end. My theory is it happened because it was raining and all the equipment then broke, which is also an "interesting" feature when performing tasks at that particular festival is part of an aspiration...

For me, I also often find that existing furniture/plants/poles don't go away when a festival starts, so everything is overlapped and some stalls are unusable. Romance festival is especially prone to this. 

I have basically stopped going to festivals now, unless it's part of an aspiration. (Coincidentally, the Hijinks festival is the only one where there is basically no overlapping, because that area is empty anyway.) 

Message 80 of 101 (961 Views)