Re: [OPEN] [CL] Festival objects spawning into each other and being stuck

by StarryMight

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide

@CatSaarwrote:

Thank you for the info.

Yes, it looks pretty bad and after waiting for geek con to disappear, the romance festival still was stuck. So I guess I'll have to wait till it's the romance festival again, hopefully.

I do indeed have cats & dogs. I also moved a household into an apartment in the spice district recently and the problems started there as well.

Which is a bit weird because after buying C&D I edited the Karaoke bar there to a residential lot and that didn't give problem with the festivals.

Let's hope this gets fixed soon, I was so excited to play San Myshuno again.

I see. Also, you're welcome! Large smile

Message 31 of 101 (1,020 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Yup, this still remains to be fixed.
Message 32 of 101 (995 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@CatSaar: Rereading your last post again, you were able to change the Karaoke Bar to a Residental Lot, and that DIDN'T trigger the bug? Interesting. Thinking

Also, you say moving a family into a Spice District's apartment triggered the bug there as well? That actually made me nervous reading that the first time, because I want to make a new family to move into the Culpepper one. Welp. (LOL)

Message 33 of 101 (988 Views)

★ Guide

yes indeed, with changing the karaoke to residential I saw that the problem was indeed solved, so that's why I decided to repopulate San Myshuno and now the regular food stand stay put when there is a festival happening in the spice district. maybe it's cus I bulldozed the apartment. I don't know but just changing things in general can trigger the bug so it seems. Good luck with yours, hope it doesn't cause you problems!

Message 34 of 101 (975 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@CatSaarwrote:

yes indeed, with changing the karaoke to residential I saw that the problem was indeed solved, so that's why I decided to repopulate San Myshuno and now the regular food stand stay put when there is a festival happening in the spice district. maybe it's cus I bulldozed the apartment. I don't know but just changing things in general can trigger the bug so it seems. Good luck with yours, hope it doesn't cause you problems!

I think bulldozing the apartment is what actually triggered it, based on what I've read before:

@paradiseplanet27wrote:
Yeah, I knew what caused the issue; you opened up a lot to edit in San Myshuno through Manage Worlds instead of while playing Live Mode. Whenever you open a lot to edit anywhere in San Myshuno, whether it's an apartment or a community lot there, and vendor objects within that neighborhood area will be locked in until it's on the day in which it reloads naturally, then it will unload correctly again.

Apparently, the only safe way to edit an apartment is in Build Mode while actively playing a Household that is living in said apartment.

Message 35 of 101 (971 Views)

★ Guide

A little too late but good to know for the next ones, if I'm actually going to keep playing San Myshuno while this bug is going on. We'll see how much it bothers me.

Thanks a lot for looking all that up!

Message 36 of 101 (962 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@CatSaar: You're welcome!
Message 37 of 101 (951 Views)

★★ Novice

I did see a fix that seemed to suggest multiple game repairs from Origin before Loading. 
The last time I played I did multple repairs (like 5!) the nthe roamnce restival came to town and it worked.
Not a good fix, and probably not a permanant one...

On a side note I never edited the lots there and had this issue after Cats & Dogs.

Message 38 of 101 (910 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@SuziiQwrote:

I did see a fix that seemed to suggest multiple game repairs from Origin before Loading. 
The last time I played I did multple repairs (like 5!) the nthe roamnce restival came to town and it worked.
Not a good fix, and probably not a permanant one...

On a side note I never edited the lots there and had this issue after Cats & Dogs.

Hmm. Thinking I think that's still good to know, though. Standard smile

I've read the issue is also caused if you don't stick around until the festival ends to leave it, is that what happened to you?

Message 39 of 101 (896 Views)

★★ Novice

yes in the past i know I have left early...  Once you have your loot and some fod then I can't see he point hanging around!  the last time I played I left after it ended and it was fine for the next festival too...  all a bit tricky..

Message 40 of 101 (883 Views)