Re: [OPEN] [CL] Festival objects spawning into each other and being stuck

by StarryMight

Original Post

★★ Guide

I’m observing a similar problem here. Mine was not festivals spawning over festivals per se, but it was festivals spawning over the “daily items” (i.e., market stand, performers’ spot that spawned during normal days).

Message 21 of 101 (1,533 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Oh here is a new take on the issue.  I went to the spice district when no festivals were on just to eat.  No Food Stalls were present.  The whole area was empty of the stuff that is supposed to spawn there.

I opened a different save and food stalls were present.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/WuUewWX.png[/img]

Message 22 of 101 (1,484 Views)

Hero
Sounds like a different issue. Please create a new thread.

First repair your game and remove any mods/cc you have though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 101 (1,467 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The image clearly shows duplicate spawnings of the vendor stalls in the Arts District of San Myshuno.  Patched to v1.40.

It happened in this order:

• Family from Willow Creek went to Humour and Hijinks Festival
  • Perfect Spawning of Festival Items
  • Watch the Festival Items all cleared Perfectly and replaced by a single suite of Vendor Stall Items.
  • Family went home to Willow Creek.
  • Exited the game and, later, opened the game
  • From the world map, replaced the Casbah Gallery Arts Centre with an edited gallery download
  • Played same household for sim day (not overnight) and came to Arts District for food in the evening of the same sim day.
  • Bingo!  A dual spawning of Vendor Stalls occurred.  This time, nicely separated so both spawnings could be used.

I fully expect this double spawning to be cleaned up automatically as long as I don't go into build mode and edit the adjacent lots again.  It has always cleared automatically in the past.  It happens overnight but sometimes 2 nights are needed.

I have to say that it has been a real treat to attend the festivals and the communal areas without having a clash of spawned items.  I just have to resist the temptation to go and edit the lots adjacent to the Vendor Areas.

Message 24 of 101 (1,408 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@cyclelegs : Interesting. Wondering I've seen other reports like that before on this issue. I've also seen a different issue reported on here where changing the Lot Type of such areas to Restaurants ("Dining Out" breaks the Festivals completely.

I've never edited those kind of lots, myself. I wonder if that and sticking around for the end of the Festivals is why I've never experienced this problem. (I haven't played any San Myshuno lots in a long time, though.)

Message 25 of 101 (1,397 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Yeah, I knew what caused the issue; you opened up a lot to edit in San Myshuno through Manage Worlds instead of while playing Live Mode. Whenever you open a lot to edit anywhere in San Myshuno, whether it's an apartment or a community lot there, and vendor objects within that neighborhood area will be locked in until it's on the day in which it reloads naturally, then it will unload correctly again.
Message 26 of 101 (1,387 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@paradiseplanet27 : Ah! (I have changed the furniture in the Bheeda's apartment more than once before, and have replaced 920 Medina Studios with Jordan's Apartment from the Gallery, but both times I did it in Live Mode.)

I know this is a long shot, but in the cases where the glitch returned with a vengeance if "Cats & Dogs" is installed, did that add-on somehow "edit" the lots to trigger it?
Message 27 of 101 (1,367 Views)

★ Guide

Because I thought this problem was solved I made some new sims for San Myshuno, I didn't play with it anymore since the festival bug. Now that I'm playing San Myshuno again, the problem is back for me too. Started with the romance festival as well, left before the festival ended because I thought that was okay now and the festival got stuck together with the regular vending stands. It's now Geek con, and that's unusable as you can see in the picture. I really hope this will not take again a year to get solved. 

I did edit the karaoke bar and made a restaurant, does it have something to do with that? In any case it shouldn't cause problems like this.

Hoping for a quick resolution.

Message 28 of 101 (1,292 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@CatSaarwrote:

Because I thought this problem was solved I made some new sims for San Myshuno, I didn't play with it anymore since the festival bug. Now that I'm playing San Myshuno again, the problem is back for me too. Started with the romance festival as well, left before the festival ended because I thought that was okay now and the festival got stuck together with the regular vending stands. It's now Geek con, and that's unusable as you can see in the picture. I really hope this will not take again a year to get solved. 

I did edit the karaoke bar and made a restaurant, does it have something to do with that? In any case it shouldn't cause problems like this.

Hoping for a quick resolution.

First of all, yikes. O_O

Secondly, yes, that's what I've read as far as the cause is concerned (as already pointed out by @paradiseplanet27 and @cyclelegs).

I've very recently begun to wonder if editing a building/apartment (ESPECIALLY a venue linked to a Festival) in San Myshuno outside of a Household causes an anomaly because there's no actual time passing... Thinking

Finally, do you have "Cats and Dogs"? That's been linked with the resurgence of the bug (my guess is that a regression occured).

Message 29 of 101 (1,287 Views)

★ Guide

Thank you for the info.

Yes, it looks pretty bad and after waiting for geek con to disappear, the romance festival still was stuck. So I guess I'll have to wait till it's the romance festival again, hopefully.

I do indeed have cats & dogs. I also moved a household into an apartment in the spice district recently and the problems started there as well.

Which is a bit weird because after buying C&D I edited the Karaoke bar there to a residential lot and that didn't give problem with the festivals.

Let's hope this gets fixed soon, I was so excited to play San Myshuno again.

Message 30 of 101 (1,275 Views)