Re: [TROUBLESOOT] [CL] Festival objects spawning into each other and being stuck

by ChocolateOtter

Original Post

Re: [CL] Festival objects spawning into each other and being stuck...again

★★★★★ Guide

@paradiseplanet27 wrote:

And for the unaffected saves, it's really a matter of pure speculation on my end: before the new EP was downloaded into my game (since I preordered), I made two copies of my first save game, one before the new expansion was downloaded and one made after. The old copy of my first game is updated to just after the Nov 9 patch and I have not entered it since, hence the speculation. I do have two other saves apart from those two, but one is the test save used for testing this issue and another is an old save also from before Cats & Dogs; I can also test those saves too not to leave out any conclusions.

You probably should. Just make sure to back them up somewhere safe first. Standard smile

Message 11 of 101 (1,547 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Update: I had gone to the Romance Festival on my first save and waited until the festival ended and see if the objects started unloading, and they actually did this time, took a bit to do so but they actually went away as normal. However, I then noticed that when the Humor/Hijinks festival came in the arts district, there is a vendor/seating area from when the city generally cycles through to generate every few hours that did not unload when the festival came, which would mean it's not just Festival objects having this issue now, but general city objects in neighborhoods could get stuck as well. Perhaps maybe the reason this changed was that I did partake in the Black Friday sale and added Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, and Dine Out game packs to my game?

Message 12 of 101 (1,517 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESOOT] [CL] Festival objects spawning into each other and being stuck

★★★★ Novice

I've been having a problem similar to this one.

I've uploaded a screenshot of this glitch, where items from normal days like the grocery stall and the curry stall by the sheets where furniture is brought are there all the time. It's not just on Flea market days either. This happens with all the festivals where the regular items/stalls don't disappear when there is a festival going on. The festivals unload fine, I don't get overlapping festivals like the geekcon and romance festival in the same area.

This has only started happening with the cats and dogs patch, before it worked fine. I've tested this with and without CC and mods, and it doesn't change. I've repaired the game and cleared the caches as well.

SIMS4 Glitch.png

Message 13 of 101 (1,473 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Festival objects spawning into each other and being stuck

★★★ Apprentice

On my new game, started after Cats and Dogs was installed, the Romance Festival and the GeekCon is stuck together forever. No matter how long I wait (I have had sims napping on benches in the area) they never completely despawn. So I just consider the Spice District a lost area I can never enter.

Message 14 of 101 (1,433 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Beardedgeek72 wrote:

On my new game, started after Cats and Dogs was installed, the Romance Festival and the GeekCon is stuck together forever. No matter how long I wait (I have had sims napping on benches in the area) they never completely despawn. So I just consider the Spice District a lost area I can never enter.

Sorry to hear that. Frown But it does make me wonder again if a regression is to blame in at least some cases. Thinking

Message 15 of 101 (1,422 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I have a problem with the Spice Festival and some furniture of the Flea Market overlapping.

Message 16 of 101 (1,412 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It is not festival objects for me.  The festivals seem to load and unload without issue.  It is the normal CL communal items that are not clearing properly.  For me, it is specifically related to using build mode to edit Lots I am not playing in San Myshuno.  After using build mode, I find that the next time I visit a communal area in San Myshuno a new suite of objects has been spawned but the old suite has not been cleared away.  The issue self corrects after a few nights.  Sometimes the items clash and are unusable.  Often, I just get two suites of vendor stalls, seating and busking stands of which only one suite is manned by NPCs.  Festival objects will spawn on top of these rogue, non-clearing communal items.

Message 17 of 101 (1,383 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@cyclelegs Exactly - I was wrong in my last post. Also for me festival and normal "furniture" are overlapping. I found no way to fix this and had to start a new save.

Message 18 of 101 (1,374 Views)

★★★★ Guide

OP here, it's good to know I'm no longer just the only one who noticed the problem. I too have the exact same issue and the same way as @cyclelegs reported it so. I just didn't bother re-reporting it because at least this one eventually fixes itself; until next time I open up buildmode to edit apartments in Manage Worlds.

Message 19 of 101 (1,358 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have the same issue.

At first I thought my save file was broken and started a new save but the same thing happened again. 

The romance festival starts, then it never dissapears. The regular items load into the festival and Geek Con loads right into it which makes it more or less unusuable. 

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? A few times with just furniture and then in 2 game saves. 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs and GPs. Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Vintage Glamour, Romantic Garden, Spooky, Perfect Patio and Holiday Celebration. 

How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit the romance festival. 
What happens when the bug occurs? Festival areas are merging together as well as merging together with the usual city items. 
What do you expect to see? Festival areas to load and unload after they're over.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes: Evolve All as well as a few wodden items. Wash bowl, Wooden antique tub, toilet. 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you madeI. I can't be 100% sure but I think this started after installing Cats and Dogs EP

This is starting to get annoying, especially after I had to upload and download all my families into a new world and I still can't play the game properly. I'm going to try and stick around for the whole romance festival and see if it unloads as it should if I'm there. But I really hope this bug can be fixed since the last patch didn't seem to fix it for everyone. 

Best regards, 

Lia

Message 20 of 101 (1,296 Views)