[FIXED] [CL] Fast friendship decay when living in apartment

by leozabotto

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Fast friendship decay when living in apartment

★★★ Novice

Guys, I don't think this is a bug. I think it's just a poor feature. I found a pattern when reading through all the replies here and decided to test it in my game.

Your relationships are decaying in the household if someone in the apartment is being loud and ignores the door when a neighbor comes banging on it. If you answer the door and listen to the neighbor's complaint the relationships in the household do not drop.

I think because if you're being loud and don't answer the door to an angry neighbor everyone gets mad and there's a hit in the relationships. I do believe it's too large of a drop. Dropping a third of the way each time is a pain, especially when you have more than two sims in the household. I feel like a negative moodlet is more appropriate. An embarrassed moodlet would be perfect. If someone I lived with was being loud and didn't answer the door to an angry neighbor I would be embarrassed. Or maybe I would be mad at the person I lived with, so even an angry moodlet would be good. But a drop in relationship seems over the top, especially a drop that big.

If this isn't happening the same for you as it is for me feel free to say so, but definitely test this for yourself first to see if this is a consistent pattern among everyone's games.

Message 11 of 31 (991 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yes! This is exactly what happened between my Sims!  I always have my one guy answer the neighbors complaint because he's Mischievous and kinda mean, but my chick is always the one singing, or practicing music pretty late. (there should be a "Quiet Hours" notification). And they despise each other right now with very little influence from me, intentionally. Though, the relationship between the mischievous guy and my other sim (his best friend) also goes down too and he doesn't contribute to the noise. That really sucks, I thought it was from just not really talking to each other. But next thing you know one night when they're all sleep I get a notification saying "my Sims now despise each other". and I'm like WHAT??

I stopped playing cause i didn't want to continue damage their relationships until they fixed, what I thought was a bug...😕☹️

Message 12 of 31 (963 Views)

★★★★ Guide

oh its a bug all right. even if it some how caused by not answering the door. watch I don't think is the case it would make no since 

Message 13 of 31 (946 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hey,
I had this problem too, but I found out that when I got friend with my neighbors then it got better. It's because, if you get a fight with your neighbor because he or you are too loud then you get minus points on your family members. But when you try to get clothes to the others in your neighborhood then your family will be good friends with each other again.
Message 14 of 31 (890 Views)

★★ Apprentice

That would make sense, sadly the flipping neighbours were knocking telling them to keep it down and they were all asleep, no electronics on, and it's happened at least 4 times so far. But I guess that's another bug 😀

Message 15 of 31 (869 Views)

Hero

It is something different.

Please start a new thread for that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 31 (860 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Definitely a bug, I have it, too. If they don't answer the neighbor's complaint, all household members take a severe relationship hit. If they do answer

it, the family still takes a hit but not as severe. For awhile I could not figure out why my two young adult sims hated their kid sister, and then I noticed that every time a neighbor complains about noise they take a huge relationship hit with the young sister for some reason. This is an especially serious bug because Neighbors will complain about noise when any little thing is going on in the apartment after 10 pm or so,  even non-noisey things like painting or having a conversation. This really needs to be fixed. Right now my only work around is to cheat my Sims' relationships back to where they should be, but I would really appreciate not having to resort to that . 

Please fix this bug Maxis team! 

Message 17 of 31 (825 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello! Standard smileSame happens to me, I also have deleted all custom content from the game and the problem persists. Friendly statuses go down to half red bad in every member of the family, I noticed this mostly happens when they complain to or are being complained  by neighbours. Suddenly the 6 people in my household hate each other making the game almost unplayable. I also noticed the pop up messages I receive after complaining to the neighbours look like they are complaining  to me Confused

Also it would be nice that the neighbours wouln't come to knock on your door if you are listenig music at the lowest volume for instance, that also would give some sort of importance to the volume feature on radios other than the originally intended in the game. Doing exercise or painting shouldn't be a source of noise either.

PS: Sorry for my english guys :D

Message 18 of 31 (799 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

me too! i was really sad when my sims had red relationships with their new baby twins! 

Message 19 of 31 (790 Views)

★★★ Guide

This has been fixed for me at least since the last patch. Now my Sims only lose relationship with the neighbor, as it should be. 

Now, the over-zealous complaints about noise is another problem entirely. For some reason neighbors see painting and working out as noisey, when it's really not. And the stereo too is problematic since they seem to find it noisey at any volume and Sims cannot seem to leave that thing off for any amount t of time. 

Message 20 of 31 (762 Views)