by Stinalina

Original Post

Social events interrupted by visiting key holder in apartments

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs up to Moschino stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The key holder visits are triggered randomly.
What happens when the bug occurs? If there's an ongoing social event in the current apartment and a key holder shows up, the social event ends and is replaced with a new event called "Friend hangout"
What do you expect to see? The current social event should continue as normal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

i currently have a household in the Alto Apartments, with two key holders. The key holders show up very frequently and a social event called "Friends Hangout" is started.

I ran into the issue while attempting to host a kava party in this lot. The party would start as normal. If one of the key holders shows up wile the party is active, the party ends abruptly and the current social event is replaced by the "Friends Hangout", disrupting the social event no matter how much time is left for it. I experienced this in two events in a row, both ending early and being unsuccessful. The only workaround I've found so far to be able to throw a successful party is to revoke all keys.

Message 21 of 27 (1,984 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Event immediately end when random social events occur

★★★★ Apprentice

Don't know if anyone else still has this problem, but it seems to happen to me all the time now. Im guessing it started after one of the last update or patches. But can't recall it specifically.

I used to have no problem going on an invited social event. The event would go on for a few sim hours until the timer ended the event.

Now the sims arrive at the event and the event-name and timer immediately gets cancelled. The sim that invited usually leave, and any other households sims that I invited along will leave as well. Sometimes you can start talking to them before they go, but they are no longer a part of the group and have to be "invited" to participate in group events. 

I have also experienced getting a "wanna hang out in my house"- invite, where the sim that invited isn't at home, a few times. 

I can give you all my game info if it's relevant? 

Thanks!

Stinalina 

Message 22 of 27 (1,923 Views)

Re: [FIXED] [CL] Event immediately end when random social events occur

Hero

There were a number of confusing situations that arose as a result of Invites your Sims would receive. In some cases these would appear as two invites for the same event, one that was the “hey, I just wanted you to know” invite, and the other would be the real invite. They should behave more accordingly to expectations.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 27 (6,839 Views)

★★ Novice

Absolutely not fixed with patch. Patched to date, Dec patch broke a lot on my game. Just had two birthdays end because of unwanted friend hangouts.

Message 24 of 27 (1,852 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@allie_of_chaos Maybe it's not fixed for all situations so could you make a new one specifically for birthday's being interrupted ?

Did you have any other type of party that was interrupted ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 27 (1,827 Views)

★★★ Novice

"Friends Hangout" just interrupted my dinner party.  That's not good.

I gave out the keys to make progress on the "location - city native" aspirations, so I suppose I'll take away their keys.

Message 26 of 27 (1,198 Views)

Hero
@catamok please make a new thread. this was fixed while ago

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 27 (1,182 Views)